• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Help me name my new-to-me boat? How did you do it?

JayDeHay

I'm probably way to excited about this whole thing, but I'm 30 years old and finally got my very own boat (yesterday), so let me have my day haha.

I really want to give my boat a name, but I'm not sure how to go about it. I was hoping some of you here who have named your craft might share the story of how it came to be.

Oh, and about the boat. It's a 1976 Forester 141 Tri-Hull with a 40hp Evinrude. It has a fishing friendly open style floor, but I need to do some patching on the casting deck floor. I don't have any good pics of it at this time, sorry to say.

I had a relative that I had never met pass away . She had very little family alive so my father inherited some $ that he shared with his children . I ended up with enough to buy a new lund . I named the boat Ursula . It was the name of the lady that passed away.

I'm probably way to excited about this whole thing, but I'm 30 years old and finally got my very own boat (yesterday), so let me have my day haha.

I really want to give my boat a name, but I'm not sure how to go about it. I was hoping some of you here who have named your craft might share the story of how it came to be.

Oh, and about the boat. It's a 1976 Forester 141 Tri-Hull with a 40hp Evinrude. It has a fishing friendly open style floor, but I need to do some patching on the casting deck floor. I don't have any good pics of it at this time, sorry to say.

full-27051-55651-index.jpg

Often times boat names are linked to: What style of boat you have (triple threat with the tri-hull), how it is you came about the $$ or career you chose to make your living, what types of things happen on your boat (ie are you just "chillin" or is it always "pandemonium", or anything else you can think of.

When I bought my 26' Hydrasport with twin 225's I though of naming it double trouble because I know how much work it would be maintaining big twin motors, but ultimately left it as "temporary insanity" because this boat has a LOT of power

That was my first boat too. But mine had a 1978 25hp Evinrude tiller. That motor was bulletproof.

I would name her "Bumpy"..... Cause when the wind picks up you're gonna feel it smile

My last boat was a 17' V177 Warrior tiller. I spent so much time fishing in it and taking care of it that my wife named it "The Mistress"

My new boat is a 2012 186 Tyee fiberglass Lund. She is called "The Mistress Too".... because I love my wife.....and the mistress too LOL

I say run it a little bit before you name her. You might notice something distinct,flawed,promblematic about your boat and have a fitting name. My buddy had named their boat "the wonder boat" cause they would always "wonder" if it would start.