• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Kinnickinnic River 2015

JBMasterAngler

With the wife and kids out of town this weekend, I was able to sneak over to the kinni after church today for a few quick casts. Was able to catch 3 little brownies under the main street bridge in River Falls. This was the 1st time I've been able to hit the kinni this year.

Had a chance to dip over to River Falls today and make a few casts on the "kinni". Had my 4 year old son with, so we did more goofing around than anything. Fished in glen park for the 1st time ever. Only fished below the upper dam and below the falls on the south fork. Checked out the lower dam, but we didn't bring our gear down for that hike. Was able to catch 1 little brookie, had a few strikes, and seen a few surfacing. Can't wait to get back down there on a solo run at the crack of dawn wink

Finally got down to glen park at the crack of dawn :D Fished the lower dam first, and unfortunately there was a major bug hatch going on. They might have been caddisflies, but I'm not 100% sure. Trout were surfacing everywhere! They were not the least bit interested in spinning tackle though. Great looking stretch of the river! Hopefully next time, no bugs! Had a little bit better luck below the upper dam. Caught 2 browns and a brookie. Got in more cardio than I expected this morning, but the scenery and fishing was worth it!

Got out to the lower kinni this morning. Between getting rained on and having to walk through wet chest high prairie grass, I was completely soaked from head to toe by the time I made it back to the parking lot! Wasn't the greatest day to not have my rain gear with me. Which was unfortunate, because this weather had the trout active! Caught 3 brown trout, including a fat 15 incher, which is my new personal best for the kinni. Also caught a smallmouth bass, which was a pleasant surprise. Lost a few other brownies, and had numerous strikes as well. I wanted to venture a lot farther downstream, but I was just too soaked and cold :( This was actually the 1st time in a long while I've been able to trout fish on a dreary rainy day, hopefully I get a few more of these this summer!

Edited by JBMasterAngler

Wasn't very ambitious to get out of bed this morning, and because of that I didn't make it to the river until 7 AM. Starting getting hot quick. I only fished for a little bit, just wasn't feeling it today. Only caught 1 little brownie. Had a few strikes, but not much was going on. Might check it out again tomorrow after church, we'll see what happens.