• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Etecs

mnfathead

If it's been maintained properly you should be good. You can have a dealer plug it in to a computer and give you a history. This will tell you if there were problems, the rpm range and how long it was run there. Nice to know stuff! grin

My wife's son just got a 2007 90 with 420 hrs. Was told by a dealer ;( that I trust!) that's about normal hours for that year motor. I'm on my second. Love the motors. Winterizing is sweet!

I echo along with the rest. I upgraded to a new 2011 90hp Etec and don't think I could have made a better choice. Great runner, fuel economy is as good as any 4-stroke I've come against, good hole shot, and as already mentioned winterizing is great.

The only thing I can think of that might be a little concern depending on your needs is that a 4-stroke will idle down lower than a 2-stroke. In my case, I use the electric for most of my slow speed use. I have a Sylvan Adventurer 1600 and can troll down to about 2.5-2.75 mph in forward and maybe 2.0 - 2.3 mph in reverse based off my GPS. I'm propped to max out rpm at about 5,500 at WOT.

I had 60 etec 07 I believe it was

run very good

I now own a 150 and have had no issues

thing that amazes me it sits all winter and

you turn the key its running before you have it turned all the way

I am on my 2nd 115hp Etec my 1st one was 2007 model year I ran until 1012 when I bought a new Stratos with 2012 E-tec 115hp Both of them have had zero issues. Winterization is a breeze. Just have it checked out by a dealer that is familiar with e-tec's my dealer provides me with printouts showing how many hours at what rpm's what temps cylinder are running at have there been alarms etc. Also use the XD-100 full synthetic oil it costs more but no smoking also these motors are incredibly fuel efficient. Very happy with mine. I do not troll with the big motor at all and there are no troll control gauges to my knowledge with e-tec's

Mwal

Before I'd start using the HD100, check with a dealer to be sure it is configured for running at that lean mixture. I know when I bought mine, I was told they could set it up for 50:1 or 100:1. Why they would choose one over the other? I'm not certain.

Before I'd start using the HD100, check with a dealer to be sure it is configured for running at that lean mixture. I know when I bought mine, I was told they could set it up for 50:1 or 100:1. Why they would choose one over the other? I'm not certain.

If motor is set to XD50 you can use either XD50 or XD100 oil - it will consume either oil at the XD50 setting level. If motor is set to XD100 setting that is all you can use - and it will consume less oil vs. the XD50 setting. The 100 oil is higher quality (and higher price).

Dan

I don't know about the quality but I'm betting they are formulated differently, specific to their intended purpose and I don't believe using an oil designed for 100:1 ratio is going to benefit it any more than using the right oil for the job.

Why spend more for something that is not designed to be used for the application? Higher price does not necessarily mean higher quality or better protection.