• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Just Food and Drink

This looks like it's a classroom PB.  What area of Central Minnesota?  I could show them how to make summer sausage or salami which would be a good start.  I could bring my stuffer and casings.  They could mix the seasonings and cure into the ground beef and I could show them how to stuff it.  Don't need a smoker, just a oven.  Nice looking soup!!  good luck.

Saint Cloud. Bet they would love doing that. .....would be cool for me to see your mad meat skilzs up close. The school has nothing for cooking equipment (all catered) but sure we could figure something out.  The next classes will be in early march, then again in may. Will start planning in late Dec. and will contact you. Maybe eyeguy can crash the party and poke eggs ;) Actually, if anyone wants to get involved just let me know.......maybe we could turn this into the long awaited HSO cook off. Will have to sneak the "cold ones" in....in a juice box though.

Ok, I'm in.    I'll bring some already done salami as well.  If you have no oven maybe you could finish off the one's they stuff in your oven and divide it up in class or something like that.  good luck.

That would be great, and will figure something out come time. So, putting down eyeguy for eggs,  maybe jam, or rhus juice? .....lol. Reb can make some tomato soup or sauce with some of his 168  or so off of one plant ....maters....actually doing a gardening class as welll ;)and Mike will come and eat :) Thanks guys.......

Everything's cheaper in China, you silly goose!

That would be great, and will figure something out come time. So, putting down eyeguy for eggs,  maybe jam, or rhus juice? .....lol. Reb can make some tomato soup or sauce with some of his 168  or so off of one plant ....maters....actually doing a gardening class as welll ;)and Mike will come and eat :) Thanks guys.......

We should start an annual HSO Foodie picnic....manger01.gif

I think we tried once and it almost happened (maybe like 3 years ago) but  schedules got in the way in the final days before-hand and we had to cancel.  Hard to find a central location if I remember correctly

I would love to try to do this again.  Would be good to put mugs to the names and eat what's probably the best food most of us have ever had at one sitting...

So, I decided to do a "from scratch" southwestern dinner tonite. Cooked some spanish rice,using the rice,cilantro, cumin, chili powder, smoked chipotle, two of  those ripe 'mato's of mine, diced, and half a chopped purple onion with some coarse salt. Flattened two chicken breasts earlier, and marinated them in fresh squeezed lime juice. Patted them dry, sprinkled with smoked chipotle powder and cumin,cooked in oil in a covered pan until edges crisped up brown. Last couple minutes, topped the breasts with Trader Joe's natural salsa, to which I'd added chopped white onions, piled on some jack and cheddar cheese, covered and let steam until cheese melted into salsa. Meanwhile, had mashed some pinto's with chopped onions and one diced jalapeno. Heated that up and smothered with the jack cheese. It all came together like this...

2cd8h1s.jpg

Had warm flour tortillas with butter, cinnamon and sugar for dessert....:P

Now I need a name for what I cooked.....:grin:

Edited by RebelSS