• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Just Food and Drink

On 5/1/2016 at 7:56 PM, bobberineyes said:

Good and good for ya, cut off the stem end of a jalapeño,  do your best on getting the seeds and hollowing the pepper out. Stuff it with cream cheese and shredded cheese.  wrap it in ground sausage and smoke at 250 for bout an hour or so.

Right here.  Image result for blue arrow pointing up Bobber is da man.:grin:

"Just some yellow cake" she says."       !!!! Well then, give me a big piece of that  p.apple upside down cake, with a big dollop of whipped cream, please!   :P  Looks great to me.....

Mmmmm...yellow cake. Me like. :D 

Did Mother's Day supper last night. Call it Boodles and Brats if you like. Mrs. Cheviot has been putting in some long hours lately so time for me to step up to the plate and be a hero.;) Needed something quick so grabbed a fresh bottle of Crown to replenish the supply, a 6 pack of Coke bottles for her and tracked down one of my faves, Boodles. Odd, I have this sudden urge to smoke a cigar, buy a bulldog, wear a derby and b-slap Neville Chamberlain! Also picked up some fresh brats and buns. When I got the call that she was coming home about 5:30 last night I knew I'd done good. Tossed some stuff together after chores and she was happy. Nothing fancy and it was quick. Knocked her right out so she didn't paw me all night. Although I may take pity on her later today when she gets home. If she's real nice, I might let her lay the seat flat on the Studebaker and ravage me! Sometimes ya just gotta take one for the team...:whistle:

Boodles.jpg

Brats MD style.jpg

5 hours ago, Dotch said:

Mmmm...sounds good Jim. Nothin' beats homemade. I may have to have a GT when I take a break this afternoon. Got any smomed lake trout or salmon for an appetizer? Boy wish I did. :D 

I would have to catch some salmon first. Soon Superior will start acting nice and let us get out and fish. Darn east wind is bad again this spring. 

Geez, these things always take longer than you think they should. Normally for a 12 lb. turkey cooked indirect I figure I can do it in about 2 hours give or take a few minutes. Therefore a 4 lb max 1/2 chicken should be about a half hour, right? Wrong! Anyway, 1/2 yardbird cooked indirect with apple wood for additional smome. Took about an hour and numerous adult beverages as I was fretting. Luckily Mrs. Cheviot was happy to have leftover brats so at least she wasn't riding my tail. The BBQ sauce was a typical Dotch garbage can method. That is: Hey, looks like this is about gone, let's toss it in! Ingredients: 57, Kraft BBQ sauce, Coke, Bold and Spicy mustard, Soy sauce and last but not least for smurfy's benefit, katchup! Indirect as I said and with the windows open on the house, man did it smell good in here. Still does!

159.9. Close enough for my comfort.

Chicken.jpg

I was just looking at it. Honest! Ya, right.

Chicken and Ruby.jpg

Made it! And with a little Crown to spare! :)

Chicken plate.jpg

10 minutes ago, bobberineyes said:

Nice craigums,  how'd you like em? Now their ain't no way your gonna finish all them eggs reb, best save some for me.:D.  Lookin good fellas.

I'll trade ya two deviled eggs for one armadillo egg, and gladly pay ya on tuesday. :P

Popeye_Pay_Tuesday_Gray_Shirt_POP.jpg

Coop, I only had one to "test". Really!  :grin:

I'm having leftover beans, Sriracha chicken, and some of those eggs for dinner. Maybe you guys wanna hold off on the "Tuesday" visit. Might haveta have all the windows open. :sick:

Ya know what Del? I brushed that stuff on the chicken while grilling, like you would BBQ sauce, and the "bite" cooked right out of it! No bite at all...yet there was plenty BEFORE it was basted on. I guess that stuff can only be used after, like when making hot wings. I was surprised the bite cooked out...   Wait until Fall, might take ya up on the soused up verde thing.:P

Funny you asked that, a buddy of mine just did...it's next Friday for a consult to see if it will work. Just want them to go ahead and implant that wire and the Minnkota remote thingie...*ZZZZT*ZAAAP*  I can't handle anymore pain.  :(