• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Just Food and Drink

We had baby back ribs last night before the Viking game.  The meal was awesome but the game sucked.  Rice and fresh cucumber kimchi on the side.  Used my Butcher sauce for the ribs.  good luck.IMG_2285.thumb.jpg.e1415a3db646718504c48

IMG_2286.thumb.jpg.f68d88790de5f530746fd

Edited by reinhard1

Last night I used one of those boneless pork loins for a simple dinner.  Roasted in the oven.  Mix of veggies and mushrooms with seasonings and cream of mushroom and cream of chicken soup.  Pork was tender as a butchers heart and the rest mixed in well.  good luck.

IMG_2295.thumb.jpg.172fef6d571cfc05ee5bb

IMG_2294.thumb.jpg.55444089307052e08f907

IMG_2296.thumb.jpg.87162dd2e6db257273d29

You MUST stop this....I can't take it anymore, and I just ate!!!  $!#@  Really, I want the recipe for that....I must have it. :grin:

I made pork and beef burritos, chilitos with red chile sauce, beef taco's, refried beans with green chiles and melted jack cheese, and quesadilla's for dinner (I grew up cooking in my uncle's Mexican restaurant) but reading reinhards post above this got me all rattled and I didn't think about pics until I was down to half a burrito. :mad:  

Edited by RebelSS

Recipe?  I bet he put salt and pepper, maybe someting else like thyme on pork.  Cut up b size red potatoes, add a package of button mushrooms , and a package of frozen vegies of your choice or cut up carrots and onions and add some peas and corn.  Mix in a can of cream of chicken soup, diluted with some milk or cream or chicken stock.  Put them both in the oven in separate pans at about 325 or 350.  Take the meat out when it gets to 150 on the thermometer,  Take out the veggies when the potatoes and carrots are done.  If you want to be fancy sprinkle some cheese or bread crumbs on top of the veggies the last half hour. 

Now, am I close?  Only the Reinhard knows.....

Edited by delcecchi

Thyme on PORK??!!  *GASP*  You heathen!! Break out the Rosemary, Cumin,Ginger and Tarragon!!! A cream reduction sauce with braised veggies, some dilled red potato's, with added melted cheese, milk and flour whisked in....some fresh cracked black pepper...and of course, that nasty CANNED soup in there somewhere...baked in a slow oven....(that means low moderate :whistle:) but I want it anyway. I'll make some amends. lol  :grin:

Edited by RebelSS

Thyme on PORK??!!  *GASP*  You heathen!! Break out the Rosemary, Cumin,Ginger and Tarragon!!! A cream reduction sauce with braised veggies, some dilled red potato's, with added melted cheese, milk and flour whisked in....some fresh cracked black pepper...and of course, that nasty CANNED soup in there somewhere...baked in a slow oven....(that means low moderate :whistle:) but I want it anyway. I'll make some amends. lol  :grin:

Whatever.  I was just guessing.  But cumin and ginger didn't seem to fit.  And my version of Reinhards seemed easy.  If you want to make a big production out of it, I'd eat it.

Pretty close Del.  This was right out of my head.  Wanted something easy.  The pork roast I just put some garlic powder and black pepper. No added salt.  Put some apple juice in the baking dish so I could squirt some on to baste it during the process.  The carrots were the pre-peeled kind in a bag, baby red potatoes cut up, mushrooms in a box, couple of yams cut up, and a zucchini cut up.  One big can of cream of mushroom and one big can of cream of chicken soup with a can of beef broth to thin it out.  That's it.

Pulled the roast and covered it at 150 deg.  Veggies were nice and tender when I pulled them.  Will do this again.  Many uses for those boneless pork loins, especially at 1.99 lb.  good luck.

Whatever.  I was just guessing.  But cumin and ginger didn't seem to fit.  And my version of Reinhards seemed easy.  If you want to make a big production out of it, I'd eat it.

Someone's gotta yank yer chain & keep you on your toes! I do like quick and easy ones too...have a bunch to post when it gets colder out. I'll let ya in on a well-kept secret, I do cheat once in a while on a partially homemade soup, using a starter. Zip over to the Menards across from ya, and pick up one of these. Use milk instead of water, add a generous amount of chopped chives, and toss in some kielbasa chunks, or whack up some polish sausage. It's really quite good for a quick & easy. The creamy wild rice is good, too. Sshhh...:whistle:

Shore-Lunch.jpg?itok=AxQ4dlgv

Edited by RebelSS

Homemade noodles!!!!  I still have one of those noodle maker machines.  That pizza cutter sure worked for you.  Used to make noodles for soup with mine.  Guess I got lazy.  Time to break it out again.  good luck.

I actually have one with the electric motor accessory I got at a garage sale down the block.   I want to try making the dough in a food processor to see if that is easier and less mess.  It's been a few years since I made any homemade pasta and I still remember flour everywhere.  

First batch was at the lake and it was a sticky floury mess.....did the hoighty toighty well thingy. The next batch said the heck with it and gave it a whirl in the Cuisinart with the dough blade. Worked  great....plus you don't have to knead by hand. Three eggs, probably 1 3/4 cups of flour, splash of evoo.....a little water and flour adjustment afterwords....done.