• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cracked dash

jvm1

Had a mishap yesterday and destroyed the windshield and cracked the dash of my lund explorer ss. Is there any way to fix the crack or do I need to replace it?

It's cracked along the instruments RPM Gas level etc. pics coming in a bit.

full-25506-55513-20150504_205432_resized

full-25506-55514-20150504_205456_resized

What kind of insurance do you have? How old is the boat?

If it is an older boat with no insurance I would try to (try being the word) to fix it myself somehow. If insurance will pay, and it's a newer boat, replacement is what I would do.

Someplace in between is the line.

There are some good plastic dash repair kits out there available at auto-parts stores for between $20-30.

They come in a few different colors, yours might be a problem unless you go with the clear. If you just want to repair and stop the crack from "running", carefully drill a 1/16" or smaller hole at the very end of the crack. Rough up the underside of the crack with sandpaper, and use a good PLASTIC epoxy to fill that hole and continue back on the underside of the crack, getting epoxy in the crack and overlapping it to build a larger surface area. Let cure at least 24 hrs before any movement. That will at least save you further damage....

When I purchased my boat a year ago, there was a small crack on the side of my counsel underneath the windshield...strictly cosmetic and can not get any bigger where it is at. I hardly even notice or see it...however the guy I bought it from (dealer) said he had a contact in Sioux Falls that welds plastic if I did want it fixed and might only run 100-150.

Granted...Sioux Falls is a bit of a drive for you, but I would think there is someone up there in the Cities that also doesn't that kind of plastic welding stuff. Worth a check