• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New carpet for trailer bunks

You can order carpet in colors in different lengths from the outdoor online stores. Simple to tear off the old stuff and replace. The times I have done it I just go ahead and replace the wood at the same time. Drop the boat in the water and it just takes a few minutes to remove the bolts and install the new bunkers already carpeted back on to the trailer. Of course I am talking about a no roller bunked trailer.

I made my own bunks for my boat left as it just had the small short support blocks front and back. The bunks add support to the whole hull. Anyway I went to Fleet and they had some nice outdoor marine carpet in a few colors. I got black and cut and stapled it all underneath with stainless steel staples. I also made a set of side bunks the same way to help cradle the boat when I come in on rough days. They have been on there now for about 4 years and still look good. I may do the same thing to my trailer bunks when needed.

So I ended up buying actual bunk carpet from etrailer. Brand is CE Smith.

Hardest part was removing about 500 staples to get the old carpet off. My advise to anyone doing this is to buy the same type of bunk carpet in bought. Mine was 11" x 12' long so it fit perfect. Also don't waste your time using the same boards. It was a major pain getting those staples out. Buy new treated boards instead.