Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
snowfighter

Honda 25 hp(normal?)

Bought a 2007 Honda 25 (carbed) Change all the fluids and plugs fresh gas, took it out for a trial run. Set handle to start, started good, after a little warm up run around the lake slowing, trolling, reverse, etc. After 1/2 hour and no problems went in to put it on the trailer, shut down motor got trailer ready, but when I put handle on start again it would fire once and kick out. So after about 6 try's I advanced the throttle just slightly and it started and ran, shut off and tried again on start same thing so repeated the throttle advance started again. I maybe just use to fuel injection I had before or is this a sign of something not right?

My past experience with carbed motors would say that after 1/2 hour it would need choke or a little fast idle or both. It has pretty well cooled down by then.
I may of not stated clear. I ran it for a half hour on the lake so it was warmed up, it only sat couple minutes before trying to start motor to load up, so was still warm. Cold it started with throttle on start but warm it wouldn't until I advanced throttle. I maybe just use to fuel injection.

I'm no mechanic but have spent too much time fishing in my life. Past experience of years gone by would suggest to me that every motor of that age needs it's own "special" touch. Treat it like it wants too be treated and you should be good to go.

snofighter when its sitting running and full throttle is applies>>Does it bog down or hesitate?
Didn't try that much, I know when it was first started up it would do a little of that(cold) but when I was running on the lake for 1/2 hour it seemed the response was ok when stopping an starting different times. I didn't jump on it but gave pretty good throttle. What are you looking at for problem if it was hesitating?

If it starts fine advancing the throttle, why worry? As stated,all engines really do have their little "quirks" as to starting, especially 2 strokes. I have to hit the prime/start button on my electric start engine twice, with throttle partly open, or no go. Just the way it likes it. I'd suggest you just go with it, as long as it starts and runs fine.

If it starts fine advancing the throttle, why worry? As stated,all engines really do have their little "quirks" as to starting, especially 2 strokes. I have to hit the prime/start button on my electric start engine twice, with throttle partly open, or no go. Just the way it likes it. I'd suggest you just go with it, as long as it starts and runs fine.
I can live with it, was just checking to head of something happening on the lake. This is the 3rd Honda I have had through the years, had a 50 and 90 both had chokes this one has the electric enrichment system so was just wondering about it.

I hear ya. After many years of tuning /rebuilding engines, It always had to be "just right". I learned with my boat it's gonna start if I just do it the way the boat wants. crazy