• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Liver and Onions!

Just got back from DC tonight and had Liver, Onions, Asparagus and Potatoes at Old Ebbitts Grill and Tavern. I had never had Liver before but figured this would be a place that could do it well. Was "pretty good." Very rich. I couldn't eat the last few bites. Thought I would feel sick if I did. But it was good, just very rich. Also had some great fried oyster stew. Any Liver fans out there? full-25796-55272-liver.jpg

full-25796-55273-oystersoup.jpg

My mother fries the best liver n onions. Liver will be soft and moist, onions will be soft and not burnt. She made it at least once a week when I was a kid. She always talked about how great it was and how healthy for you. On and on. I asked her a few years ago to make it and she said she was never frying that garbage again. It grossed her out every time. I had no idea. I like it but I haven't had it in years.

I love me some liverwurst. Like you said, liver is definitely rich though. I can only eat so much at once.

Fried oyster stew looks interesting. Didn't the oysters get soggy?

When i was a kid my dad and i would cut liverwurst into small pieces and put it in our leftover cereal milk. I haven't done it in years and saying it sounds gross, but i remember it like yesterday and it tasting great.

When i was a kid my dad and i would cut liverwurst into small pieces and put it in our leftover cereal milk. I haven't done it in years and saying it sounds gross, but i remember it like yesterday and it tasting great.

That is one of the weirdest food combos I've ever heard of! laugh

Was the milk sweet?