• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild vs Blackhawks

fishersofmen

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree about TV coverage, it stinks. Thing is for both the ncaa's and the NHL during the season your local provider will carry games but once you get to the playoffs then TV rights are controlled by the big boys. Makes no sense to take college hockey teams from the west and seed them in the east and have them play in empty rinks. As for the NHL they are of course in it for the money and there is no such thing as regional coverage. It is kind of all or nothing. I think two of the Wild games against the Blues were on NBC and on dates where they had weekend coverage. I don't think any of the Wild/Hawks series will end up on network dates. But if you have Charter you can watch the Wild or hit the bar for coverage.

Well, that was UGLY!

The guys just look intimidated out there. The Hawks pounce at any chance and our D has been playing poor at best this series.

Hopefully they can find their game at home tomorrow night. They played about a period and a half of good hockey over the weekend and that is certainly not going to cut it against a team like the Hawks.

Yep not a good game, have to give it to Chicago, forgot how good they can be when their game is on. Need to win both home games now. The good news is we have been here before, the boys need a huge response.

Well there is your answer Big Dave, you are not a real big hockey fan! Tonight's game can be found on NBCSN or CBC or SN360 or TVA2 it is on the radio and I would be willing to bet it will be on in every bar and tavern TV in MN I know it is here and I live in the sticks. Just saying you are not looking hard enough if you are really looking to watch the games.

How hard do I need to look? I looked on every channel available to me and it wasn't there. Seems to me it's not me who has a problem, it's the league or the Wild. I have a cable TV package and I evidently don't get any of those channels, what about all of those without cable? I guess they really don't want the passive fans to watch so they can grow their fan base. If I have to go to a Tavern just to watch a hockey game that's probably not happening for me.

All I am saying is that it is living proof that hockey is not that big of a deal if a local station doesn't even see the value in working out a deal to broadcast a playoff game locally. That would never never ever happen with the Twins or Vikings.

That was about as bad as I've seen the Wild play since that stretch before Dubnyk came over. It almost seems to me like they got so locked in on playing their "defensive game" and locking up the Hawks that they forgot to play offense. Doesn't matter how many break downs they have defensively they are never going to win with that little scoring chances. Where is that speed that has created so many problems for opposing teams.

Ryan Suter needs to step it up as well. He is the 3rd highest paid Defenseman in the league, and he looks terrible out there. I know theres no way it happens yet this year, but I think it's time to move him off the #1 pp unit, he just doesn't bring much of anything to that IMO.

For the sake of a discussion

Well Big Dave it sounds like you have more of a problem with your cable provider then with the NHL or the WILD. NBC as you know is a national network and they are not going to sideline prime time programing for NHL hockey games. That is why they have their sports channel. If your local cable provider does not carry it or you choose not to pay for the package that includes it then that is on your end. As for the Twins Vikings comment, if you don't have ESPN ( the eastern sports programing network) you don't see Thursday night football. If you don't have cable and just have antenna then the NHL is not to worried about losing you as a fan, if you can't afford cable then odds are you can't afford a twenty dollar baseball cap with a Wild logo on it. As I said a die hard hockey fan will find a way to see or listen to the game.

All I am saying is that it is living proof that hockey is not that big of a deal if a local station doesn't even see the value in working out a deal to broadcast a playoff game locally. That would never never ever happen with the Twins or Vikings.

Playoffs are out of our control, no need to troll.

Well Big Dave it sounds like you have more of a problem with your cable provider then with the NHL or the WILD. NBC as you know is a national network and they are not going to sideline prime time programing for NHL hockey games.

If that's the case it certainly proves my point. If a Wild Playoff game locally can't beat out the ratings of Dateline or whatever was on NBC at that time on Friday, I guess no one cares to watch.

That is why they have their sports channel.

Nice try but NBC carries lots of sports on the main channel. They carry PGA golf for cripes sake!

If your local cable provider does not carry it or you choose not to pay for the package that includes it then that is on your end.

NO, if the teams want me to watch it. it's on their end to get it on a reasonable channel. You do realize these pro sports teams are businesses that are there to make money, right?

As for the Twins Vikings comment, if you don't have ESPN ( the eastern sports programing network) you don't see Thursday night football.

Really? You are comparing a Thursday night football game to a PLAYOFF hockey game? Actually I think when the Vikings play on Thursday night that game gets picked up locally by the ABC affiliate. If that is right, it proves my point even further.

If you don't have cable and just have antenna then the NHL is not to worried about losing you as a fan, if you can't afford cable then odds are you can't afford a twenty dollar baseball cap with a Wild logo on it.

Really? You must be a marketing genius. Do you know what the trends are concerning cable TV? Do you know that many people today, especially the younger generation are ditching cable in favor of other streaming methods? No cable does not equal poor.

As I said a die hard hockey fan will find a way to see or listen to the game.

Again, the die hard fans are already customers. It's guys like me they should be trying to reach during playoff time.

I don't know why they could "simulcast" the first round games with St Louis on FSN, but they aren't or haven't in Round 2? I see BigDaves beef. It doesn't make much sense. NBC Sports owned all those games as well, but they were shown on FSN as well.

I was irritated that Fridays game started on NHL Network and they made no mention of it so it totally through my game off. LOL

The problem is Dave you really dont know what you are talking about or how business and particularly TV contracts work.

Yes, Hockey is a bit of niche sport throughout the country for obvious reasons. That limits broadcast potential options even here in the State of Hockey.

And if you want ill pay the $10 so you can watch the Wild on Your service provider. Or if thatdoesn't work you can stream it via the internet for free!

Anyway Go Wild!

I would not pay the ten dollars, I might buy Big Dave a beer at a tavern and watch a Wild game with him. NHL is not looking to make a fan out of someone who shows up in the second round of the playoffs and will be gone just as soon as his home team is eliminated. They want the fans who have paid for the NHL ticket and have watched hockey all season long. As for cutting the cord and being poor, if they are hockey fans they bought the NHL ticket or have a provider that carries CNBC or the USA network. Streaming is an option but you still need a provider that carries NHL hockey, at least it is up here.

The problem is Dave you really dont know what you are talking about or how business and particularly TV contracts work.

You're probably right so why don't you do me a favor and go ahead and educate me? I'll be the first to admit that I don't know anything about the television industry but I do know how it seems to work for other sports. There would never be a time that the Vikings or Twins would be in the playoffs and those games would not be viewable on network TV. Never.

Yes, Hockey is a bit of niche sport throughout the country for obvious reasons. That limits broadcast potential options even here in the State of Hockey.

Thank you, that was the statement I've been looking for from hockey fans. In other words you mean exactly what I said in my initial statement: hockey is just not that big of a deal.

And if you want ill pay the $10 so you can watch the Wild on Your service provider. Or if that doesn't work you can stream it via the internet for free!

Don't bother, that don't work with cable as far as I know. I'll just take your free education in lieu of the money.

Anyway Go Wild!

NHL is not looking to make a fan out of someone who shows up in the second round of the playoffs and will be gone just as soon as his home team is eliminated. They want the fans who have paid for the NHL ticket and have watched hockey all season long. As for cutting the cord and being poor, if they are hockey fans they bought the NHL ticket or have a provider that carries CNBC or the USA network.

You know nothing about business or marketing do you?

I would not pay the ten dollars, I might buy Big Dave a beer at a tavern and watch a Wild game with him.

I'd definitely take you up on that but at this point in my life, going to the bar is not that high on the priority list any more. No offense to you because I would love to sit and watch a game with you but I would like to watch it with my 14 year old son even more. The bar is not the best place to bring my family who I really like to be around.

I started typing a long reply, and realize I am just wasting my time. Good luck finding the hockey game. People have given you options to see or hear the game. You sound like a highlight reel kind of guy anyway, so just check the ten o'clock news tomorrow or read about the game here.

I'd definitely take you up on that but at this point in my life, going to the bar is not that high on the priority list any more. No offense to you because I would love to sit and watch a game with you but I would like to watch it with my 14 year old son even more. The bar is not the best place to bring my family who I really like to be around.

We need Zach to play at 120% Parise effort. And we need everyone else to play at 90% Parise effort (some have barely cracked 50% thus far, Stewie I'm looking at you Bud).

Absoultely do or die tonight. Same goes for Thursday. And probably the same for Game 5 really. I expect to see some shots going in up high on Crawford. And then for the fans to REALLY get after him.

As to the TV thing, I think it sucks that the ratings are low enough not to garner NBC airtime. Who cares about all the stupid dramas on TV anymore? Alas I play by their rules and pay an $85 satellite bill. Doesn't make it right, but that's what I do.

Go Wild!!