• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

3rd times a charm!

dan z

This is my 3rd time trying this turkey hunting thing. My 1st attempt was 15+ years ago in high school on public ground in s.e Minnesota later in the season. Didn't see a bird in 3 days or so. Last year was my 2nd attempt and I failed miserably as I missed a bird at 7 yards on the 4th day. Seen and heard plenty of birds. So this year I ponyed up bought a new blind and new ammo. This year being my 3rd try I really wanted to conquer the turkey and I bought a season d tag as I didn't find it necessary to do the lottery. As the spring progressed it seemed warmer than normal do I changed seasons to an earlier season which was b as a surplus tag over the counter. As I looked at the weather for this weeks hunt I thought its going to be tough cold windy chance of freezing rain. Well to my surprise I heard turkeys yesterday and didn't see any. So with that in mind I bought a gobble shaker to make some noise and sweet talked them into a lookout avian x hen, with a wicked sister diaphragm call. full-24389-55064-img_20150421_112629.jpg