• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Canon T5i

Should have posted befor buying, camera is fine but the whole package deal usually is a bunch of "junk" to make it sound like a great deal, as you get into it more you most likely find that 90% of the package is very low quality. I always encourage people to buy a "body" and a "lens" seperate. What all was in the "package"??

So this is what is in the kit:

1 Canon EOS Rebel T5i 18.0 MP CMOS Digital Camera with 3-inch Touchscreen and Full HD Movie Mode (Body) -

2 Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Zoom Lens -

3 Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS Telephoto Zoom Lens -

4 Telephoto Lens Set -

5 Wide Angle Lens Set -

6 3 pc Filter Kit: UV/ Polarizing filter/Fluorescent correction & Case

7 32 Gigabyte SDHC Secure Digital Memory Card -

8 Focus Secure Digital USB Card Reader -

9 Focus Universal Memory Card Wallet -

10 Focus Pack of LCD Screen Protectors

11 Additional LP-E8 Rechargeable Lithium-ion Replacement Battery Pack -

12 Focus Well Protective SLR Camera Gadget Bag w/Pockets & Strap

13 Focus Full Size 59" Tripod W/Case -

14 Focus DVD Guide to Digital SLR Cameras -

15 Focus Digital Grey Card Set for color correction - Focus Digital Grey Card Set for color correction -

16 Focus 5pc Dlx Lens Care & Cleaning Kit -

17 HDMI cable for HDTV

I guess I am ok with the 799 she paid for it. We both have hobbies and photography is hers. It is still far less than I spend on fishing in a year.

That's not to bad a list. There are some things that will do you little to no good. The camera and two lenses are the ones that are in most every starter kit. They are good starting lenses until you find out what you will be shooting.

Filters, tripod and the lens care cleaning kit are likely not real high quality so I would not advise using them. Filters should only be used if they are high quality, they can hinder your auto focus system, and likely cause lens flare. The tripod is likely a cheaper plastic based one that will not provide a stable platform. If you find that you are using a tripod for alot of your shooting I would advise purchasing a quality one, it is a lifetime investment!

Congratulations on the new camera, you will have fun learning the ins and outs! Make sure you post some of your work when you get up and running! Take a look at the top of this forum for some starting tips on using your camera. Its a sticky called Photography how to...

I will definitely be trying some of the things in the tutorial. I think I will be trying to learn the basics on her point and shoot first and let her figure out some of the ins and outs of the new one so she can do some teaching. I am extremely inept at the moment t on this stuff, but would like to get into it with her since she isn't very big into fishing.