• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2015 Vikings Draft

FISHINGURU

I don't know what we will do but whatever it is I am excited to see what it is. Either with AP or without him I think it is going to be a fun season. Vegas has us at 6.5 wins again this year. I went with the over last year and it took till the last game with the Bears for me to win my bet. Would like to see this big guy from Poland do well too. It would also be fun to get one of the good RB's in the draft to work with Mckinnon and Asiata.

We'll almost certainly be trading back to acquire picks. For our positions of need, it's a pretty deep draft. I think Slick Rick does a great job and this is the day he really gets ramped up for. Curious to see if we get 2 first rounders again smile

A lot of "experts" have Scherff falling out of the first round entirely now, and if that happens, we'd be foolish not to do what we could (reasonably) to get him. If he's going to be as good as they say, he's a good deal at #11, but if we could trade back and get him in the mid 20s or so, that would feel like a heck of a victory on day one. I'd be okay with Waynes as our pick, even at 11, but again, I think there's very little chance we stay there.

As a fan, I would be OK with us moving back and adding extra picks. However, I'm going to a buddies house tonight to watch the draft and selfishly, I don't want us to move down too far because I just can stay up that late anymore.

But, we could use help at so many positions that I'm totally fine with whoever we take in the first round. WR/DE/LB/CB/OL in the first round would be fine.

Based on round 1, I'd say teams learned their lesson on getting shafted by trading for picks. Waynes will be alright for the Vikings. He needs to bulk up, so year 1 could be rough for him. I trust Zimmer though. Round 2 leaves a lot of ILB and Safety talent on the board. I think that's where the Vikings go next unless they really like Dorial Green Beckham or a Guard.

Waynes has a lot more to do than bulk up Nick. Watched him 4 or 5 times this past year and was not the least bit impressed. Tackling technique is poor, lacks aggression and seemed lost when faced with more than 1 on 1 coverage, and that was in college. I realize he was rated as the best in his position but that's like saying you got the best sandwich at McDonalds. Hopefully he makes a commitment to the game and lives up to his potential which has an upside but he has a long way to go.

Unlike past years, I'm confident our coaches have a plan for how to use Waynes. Still, it will probably take a year or two for the light bulb to turn on. Not many corners play at a high level right away.

First round was rather anti-climatic in terms of trades and drama. Quite a few players that were predicted to be first round picks are still on the board. Hopefully we can get one them.

Yikes, Scherff falling out of the 1st round? First I ever heard that one, we were hoping he'd fall to 11, he ended up going #5.

I don't mind the Waynes pick, look at our division we need all pass defenders we can get. Most our big plays we gave up were from Robinson being a couple inches too short, he was in position alot but just too small for them bigger WR's. That's were Waynes can step it up for us. I trust Zim to fix some of his techniques and turn him into a great CB.

If we can trust Rhodes and Waynes on the outside Zim can really get creative at getting after the QB.

I'm hoping we go O-line, LB or Safety next. I think we can wait a bit for WR and still get a good guy. I still have some hope for Patterson coming around for us this year.

I really wanted to see Gurley fall to us frown Just hoping I know, because of course now magically AP's Agent is happy he is still with MN, but just wants us to guarantee a good chunk of his $46 million left on his 3 year contract....

AP's agent is a fraud plain and simple. The way I see it is he wasn't involved in AP's current contract so he has never been paid by AP because they make money off commissions. He tried everything he could to get AP out of here because then he'd get paid.

Now that we held our ground he wants us to give him a better contract LMMFAO. What a tool, look at that contract we already gave him, you can't get any better then that for an aging RB.

I been saying it the whole time AP needs to dump that tool.

Wow. I gotta say I am surprised we stayed firm at 11. I guess with as much parity in the picks from 10-32, it didn't make sense for teams to give up much to move up to 11 (if Slick Rick wanted to move back as much as he claims he did). Anyhow, I do like the pick and think Waynes will be a good fit for Zimmer. He seemed genuinely excited to get to work after he was drafted:

FROM DAILY NORSEMAN: "I'm so excited. It was a great feeling. I can't wait to get to Minnesota and start working," Waynes exclaimed. He should already be a little used to working for Mike Zimmer, because Waynes was definitely put to the test during his workouts before the draft. "He was definitely putting me to the test. I know he's trying to make me a better player and you know I'm all for it."

Waynes explained that he hasn't watched a lot of the Vikings defense yet because he was focusing on school and working on his own future in the days leading up to the draft. But he did have a good idea that the Vikings liked him. "The coaches were great and I got along with them great. I know they're about that business. Actually it was my first visit so it was just a good feeling all around."

Waynes explained how Zimmer worked with some of the technical aspects of his game during their time together before the draft. "Yeah, we worked on some of the little stuff like coming out of my breaks and a couple other things...[Zimmer]'s a DB guru. That's the one thing I said about him. He's a good coach and he knows what he's talking about...the way he plays his corners, I can press and play bump and run. I feel like I can play off if I need to; I feel like I'm pretty versatile and I'll be able to play however he wants me to."

Yeah, good for JJ, I like that guy, I actually wanted us to draft him. I was happy to see he dumped Dogra after seeing all the negative light he was bringing into the media.

According to Slick Rick he wanted to trade back to get enough ammo to be able to move back into the 1st if he wanted. The calls coming in weren't offering up enough ammo to be able to do that and they felt if they did move back they'd lose Waynes. So they decided to keep the pick and roll with Waynes.

Pretty good haul overall. Passes the eye test, at least. As with any draft, we won't know much until we see how they perform week in and week out (if they make the team to begin with). Personally, I'm more excited with the Kendricks pick than any other. Hoping at least one of the 3 OL prospects pan out, too.

I think it was a pretty solid draft also.

We came away with 3-4 possible starters and a few good projects that can still contribute on special teams while they get polished.

I seen one analyst consider us getting 3 -1st rounders, Waynes, Kendricks, and Clemmings. I guess Clemmings had a 1st round grade until a foot injury got noticed at the combine.

It's gonna be interesting to see how we use Pruitt. Uncle Norv loves some H-back/ TE's.