• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ND bird

Scoot

I called in this bird for my buddy Jake this past weekend in ND. He came in on a string! Sat in the blind with 50-75 birds in the trees just 100 yards away as the day came alive. Wow, what an audio show those birds put on for us! It was really amazing! Jake and I loved it and the young boys thought it was absolutely amazing! Fun times for sure!

Jakes20turkey_zps9icsw68p.jpg

LOL, not another Turkzilla. We struggled- only heard one turkey gobbling a long ways away.

Last year we had more action, but it got better as the season went on. I'm hoping it'll be the same this year. Either there are a lot fewer birds around, or they haven't moved into the area we hunt yet, or they are around but hanging in the woods more so we don't see them. Not sure which it is, but it seems like it must be one of those.

Residents only?

laker, I don't understand what you're asking. Are you asking if ND is residents only? Or do you mean "how did you hunt in ND, since it's residents only?"

ND Spring turkey hunting is for residents only-- non-residents need not apply! That stinks, but it's the way it is. We hunted in ND with my buddy Jake on the ND opener- Jake was the one with the bow and Ryan and I were callers/spotters. Ryan hunted in MN this past weekend with no success.

Thanks,

you answered my question,always was hoping maybe to try to go hunting there. I thought I heard it was residents only.

Yes it is and it stinks! I called the G&F last year and voiced my opinion on the matter. I had a very nice talk with one of the state biologists there. There are TONS of turkeys in many parts of ND. The place I can hunt SW of Fargo has oodles of birds and I wish I could turkeys there again. Apparently it'd take a vote for it to happen and the G&F can't simply decide to allow it. I don't see it ever happening.

I'm happy we moved to MN for a good number of reasons. However, there are a ton of reasons why I wish I still lived in the great state of North Dakota.