• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Coralville Area

hey gang,

how the fishing is the Coralville area. i'll be taking a trip down there this wkend for my daughters gymnastics comp on sunday. so i figure why not go friday nite, and fish saturday. =D

places such as the Tailwater West Camp ground looks really fishy? ive fish teh Redrock area before and is somewat familiar fish fishing the iowa River but ive nvr fished this area before. is there decent fishing areas in Coralville itself?

im open to fishing anywhere within 30mins of Coravile since ill be in dwntown Coralville. im not after any real particular species. my favorite species to chase in Iowa are your Wipers since we dont have them in MN, and i dont mind tangling with dem Asain carps either.

thanks in advance

Hopefully you read this before hitting the water. crazy

The Coralville Tube is a good place to fish; right now the water level there is very low for this time of year. The walleye spawn is done down here, so that bite should pick up again very soon. The only think about the Tube, and I suspect you already know this, is that you won't have it to yourself.

The white bass/wiper bite should really be going by now, but as I noted on my Iowa River thread it has been slower than normal for me so far this spring, which I suspect has a lot to do with the low water levels.

I know people snag bighead carp below the dam as Burlington Street, but since it is not something I do myself I can't give you any pointers on how or when to do it.

Plenty of ponds in the Coralville area too, if you just want to get out and catch some bluegill or largemouth..