• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Head shooting with big broad heads ?

sportfish

You need a stiff arrow. Move up in spine and they'll fly like darts.

That's why I don't use this type of head. I've shot all winter and am very confident in my set-up. I also shoot a lot of 3D tournaments this time of year and am not interested in changing anything on my bow right now.

FWIW, I shoot a 2" cut, 3 blade mechanical with great results.

I attach the bullhead to a full length 300 spine arrow with a 4 fletch setup and my bpw launches them perfectly true at 20-30 yds. No need for adjustments.

Most of the guys I hear argue against the headshot heads have never tried them. I say try it before you knock it. There are many reasons why people want to stick with the set-up you already have, but don't create arguments against something unless you've tried it.

It is true the large broadheads will not fly well with your regular arrows. Most people's regular arrows aren't long enough anyway. I don't see any benefit to a body shot and I've seen body shots be close to 50% wounding rate. I've only missed one time with the Bullheads and the bird walked away with one less feather in his fan. The bird I lost with a 2" rage was missing a 1" section of bone, numerous feathers and blood, but he ran like a son of a gun and became coyote food.

I guess I prefer a clean immediate kill every time. Headshots aren't any harder and its what you're already used to shooting at if you're a gun hunter so there is no new training for locating body shots.

I had the same problem even with the Victory arrows (yes the arrow spine was correct for my set up) but last night I tried a flu-flu arrow and they flew a lot better and more accurate to the point that I may actually give them a try this year.