• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

First hunt of the spring

Hoyt4

I'm tring to get all caught up at work but thought I would jump on here quick. 3 guys 4 birds for us in NE it was a good hunt all had good chances . I ended up tagging out and my dad filled his one tag and buddy filled his one tag. I was the only one to get two tags.

Easter bird and then I put my bow away until my buddy filled his tag. It was a fun hunt I already miss being down there. It's home away from home.

IMG_20150406_191637149_zps2ad7bf21.jpg

IMG_20150409_105802_439_zps1fde7287.jpg

IMG_20150410_073108536_zpsc0ad585e.jpg

IMG_20150408_142314512_HDR_zps6c704082.j

IMG_20150408_142319674_HDR_zps48eca723.j

This was the first year I have stayed in my blind and used a decoy. The birds were just ready to go. Found a nest with 4 eggs in it. Also saw a lot of breeding going on. Birds were broke up good and just had to get them on our chunks of land. Also saw a 10pt buck still having his head gear on that was surprising. Maybe have a chance to head back down with the gun to fill one more tag if I want to buy. Now is time to get even with these critters up here with the gun.

I called my two birds, my dad’s and buddies . The box call just put one more notch on it . The other 3 were all mouth calls. Really had to get aggressive the more aggressive I was the better results we had. Now up here next week going to be different were less is more most times.

Do not have all the pictures yet but these are a few. Already planning our fall hunt for deer. Wish I could get there and hunt more then we do. Two times a year is just not enough.

Thanks

IT's been a great spring for most going down there. I know most the A-1 guys did well also.

A few more just got there when we were leaving so some more arrows will be flying.