• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NHL Playoffs 2014-15

bbfenatic

Winning game 1 was very nice to see! Some of the youngest guys on the team stepping up and scoring huge goals.

Blues are going to play with some desperation tomorrow night so we'll again have to weather the storm in the first, with Dubs being the key cog in the wheel. Most worried now about how we play at home, but hopefully the insane X crowd will help out with that.

Maybe we can turn "home ice" into the advantage we deserve...score early, get the crowd into it, and keep the heat on. Need our "vets" to put this team on their backs like right now...not impressed with them yet this playoff season and Dubs pulling off the post early was a little bit surprising....let's go!

BB, what's this about the Isles fans already stealing seats from the Nassau? It might create more standing room only :-)

Not surprised....when the last game is played in that old POS there will be nothing left, they'll strip that place naked, IMO. New facility in Brooklyn is not that far away by NY standards, still technically on the Island but on the far west edge close to the city. The ex-Islander I always stayed with lived in Glen Head not far from the Coliseum and if I were to drop you in there blindfolded you'd swear you were in MN, big oaks, nice older homes with fenced yards, neighborhood schools...like you'd see in MN from Brainerd to up North...unless you were right on the water then you'd notice a big difference of course.

Love their new Brooklyn logo if they go with last one I saw..but colors were diff or should I say no color (B&W)...last I heard the name was going to be the same.....but that could change too which would be a big mistake IMO.

When I first set up my bracket I had the wild going a long way. On the last day I changed it to the blues, shoulda stuck to my gut feeling, it's awesome they are going to prove me wrong

We call that that anti-jinx, nice work!

Setting up like the last time these two met in a Game seven....the '87 game....only this time Tavares (the current PL) with the winner and Halak with the big game in the net? Do you believe in miracles laugh ...it's gonna take one IMO....and I know every one of you are crossing your fingers for Me/Islanders crazy

The "Easter Epic" in 1987 between Washington and New York lasted long into the night before Pat LaFontaine finally won it for the Islanders in the fourth overtime, giving his team a 3-2 victory in the game and a 4-3 win in the first-round series. New York's Kelly Hrudey made 73 saves in what is still the longest Game 7 in NHL history.

Yeah that was quite the defensive performance from the Caps last night. Only 11 sog for the Isle.

As a fan its a little disappointing not having a New York, New York series which would have been great imo.

Anyway the future looks bright for the Isle if they keep that young core together.

I have to say, I had written off the Hawks partially after game 5, but they sure came to play. At this point, I would be surprised if they don't pull out a victory.

Just like I have always said, there isn't a more opportunistic team than the Hawks. Ducks had some great pressure leading to multiple scoring chances and sustained Offensive Zone time ended up turning into a 2 on 1 the other way and the Hawks get a goal. Crazy.