• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NHL Playoffs 2014-15

bbfenatic

And I don't believe St Lewey has decided which Seive they are going to use in net yet have they?

Agree with you there Pier, that is their weak spot for sure but still managed a decent season. If they get solid tending they will be tough IMO. Same thing for my Islanders...they have the O Power but lack on the back end. We all know a hot goalie can bring the cup home.....Devan Dubnyk.

BB, that is funny. Its a lot like the gamesmanship that NFL coaches pull on a weekly basis with key players. I mean, how often is Brady on the "questionable" list?

I have been watching a fair amount of prognosticating and the one common theme among all of them is they feel the Blues/Wild matchup is the toughest first round matchup. All are thinking 7 games (agreed) and they are split with who they winner is.

The more I look at the Blues lineup I just get more scared about matchups. They are a very deep team. This Wild team is the deepest we have ever had IMO, but they are just so strong across the board from D through their top 3 lines. Backes is on the 3rd line and Shattenkirk in the 3rd pairing for cripes sake!?

Obviously the Blues are the more physical team. Both have a good amount of speed. I would give the edge to depth of scoring to MN, but they definitely have top tier guys that lead their team. Goal Tending the Wild has the advantage as long as Dubnyk is healthy.

I like the way the Wild have been playing on the road, but honestly the home play is very concerning to me. The Wild have to get one on the road, but cannot afford to lose any at home. Tough series.

Playoff hockey starts tonight. My wife is going to hate me again......"do we have to watch this" is what I will hear for the next month. I will say no "we" don't. And that is how the fight will start.

Quote:
A Wild/Sen Cup Final.

I see the Senators assistant coach passed away. So throw in that motivation plus the hatred between them and the Habs and we should have quite the battle.

The sens and caps are my slight dark horses out of the weaker "hi BB" eastern conference...

Looks like game 2 Saturday afternoon is on NBC so thats good for the rabbit ear crowd!

I hear ya Cap'n, this series is going make or brake a lot of people in the brackets. If the wild can win this one the rest of the west could treat us pretty good. Someone said in tge other thread that the east is weak, this is gotta be the strongest I've seen the east in a while. .....good luck with your bracket fellas.

The more I look at the Blues lineup I just get more scared about matchups. They are a very deep team. This Wild team is the deepest we have ever had IMO, but they are just so strong across the board from D through their top 3 lines. Backes is on the 3rd line and Shattenkirk in the 3rd pairing for cripes sake!?

Very much agreed, they are slightly better than us in a lot of areas and have a lot of guys that can score. I'm also having flashbacks of Stastny lighting us up last year on a much weaker team. We also don't have anyone on the level of Tarsenko. It's going to take one heck of an effort and maybe a little puck luck to slay the big blue dragon. However if we can someone get the upper hand we could crack them mentally after being bounced out early the past two seasons.

Cooke is out for tomorrow night. Tenderness or something. Bergenheim was filling his spot in practice. There are 5 or 6 guys vying for 1 spot on the 4th line. I love the depth.

I really hope Stewart can have a big impact and we will need him. I don't care so much about him scoring goals, but being physical and a menace in front of the net. He didn't have a very good last couple games. Two of the goals in STL in the last game were on him IMO. Lack of effort.

BUT, its a new season. We have some rest, we got a chance to practice the power play. :-)

Should be lights out!!!

Some exciting games last night. The Hawks looked dead to rights then the Preds choked big time. Took a bunch of penalties, Darling was a darling in net and came back with 2 PPG and a come from behind win. The Preds looked so dominant early, but man they fell apart after.

I was a bit surprised by the goal barrage in Montreal though. I didn't expect that many goals to be scored considering how well those two netminders had been playing.

How about those Isles going into Washington and putting a beatdown on the Caps...shut down Ovie quite nicely.

Not sure I like Bergenheim in and Carter and Schroeder out...unless Bergenheim can get back to his glory days of solid playoff performances but doubtful from what I have seen thus far...and we are not going to "play big" with anyone IMO...gotta beatem with speed skill, stay away from the cheap stuff after whistles......and Devan Dubnyk...it's who were are.

Definitely a nice win for the Isles. I didn't see any of the game, but the stat line makes it look like they handled them very well. Its kind of the storyline for the Caps though, they collapse when they make it to the playoffs isn't it?

Pulling for the Isles, some guys on that team I really enjoy their game. Man, would I love to have Brock Nelson on the Wild.

I am not so sure about Bergenheim either. Carter plays penalty kill a lot so that playing Bergie over Carter is a bit concerning. Carter has playoff experience as well, but maybe Yeo is trying to get lightning in the bottle to see if Bergenheim can produce offensively.

Great night for hockey fans last night. I dvr'ed and watch all games except the Calgary/Vancouver game. Here are a few things I took away from it.

The islanders are the real deal.

Washington is for the most part punchless, if you stay out of the box. Give them a reason to quit and them will.

Montreal and Quebec series is going to be a dog fight. Probably go 7 games.

Don't 2 hand chop someone in the wrist and be surprised you get tossed.

If your going to fake an injury, stay in the locker room longer than the tv timeout.

Nashville, stay out of the box when you have the lead.

Chicago can play so bad for 80% of a game but still beat you.

Nashville stay out of the box when you have the lead.

Nashville better win the next game.

If your in OT with Chicago in the playoffs, nice try but they will win the game.

Nashville stay out of the box when you have the lead.

Go wild!

Go Isles!

Go wild!

Go Isles!

Thank God, another Islanders fan! I'll be going out to NY for the celebration when it's over if you want to join in Hester...free room and board, we'll eat like kings and if you drink (I used to..and too much crazy ) there will be plenty of free beer/drinks as well. I'll be booking flights tomorrow....or maybe right after the Washington series laugh

To this day I still can't stand Bryan Trottier or Billy Smith...... smile

Haha. Reason being? They both were great players both HOF inductees and Trottier was as good as they come in his prime...have met him several times, great guy. He'll be there for the celebration #Pierhatesgoodpeoplelikeme frown

So that is what it's like to not lose a heartbreaker in game 1 of a series. Beautiful game by the wild, expecting a big push by the Blues Saturday, hoping we can get the game into OT and take two on the road.