• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild vs Blues

fishersofmen

I don't put much stock into the loss yesterday. I only caught the tail end of the game so I didn't get to see how they were skating but I know our team is much different without Koivu and Suter. Sounds like they sat some guys too. We outplayed them during the season though and their goalies don't scare me. I think we take them in 5 or 6. If we do get past them I think the second round will be tougher. No way Chicago loses that series to Nashville.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's definitely going to be a rough series, the blues are big and physical, makes you wish stoner was still with us crushing players like last year, ( if stewie can he's going to have his hand's full). The wild will probably loose the first one but will take the series.

I like there chances of making it past the blues. If they can play the same hockey they were down the stretch, including the best penalty kill and the best road record, they should be able to win the series. It will be close though, I won't be suprised if the series goes 7. I really hope they can play better at home though, they are going to need those wins at home.

Players to watch for me are going to be Schroeder (if he plays), Granlund, Koivu, Scandella, and Dumba. If those guys can step up and get some points, especially points from the blue line, they should have a good series.

It wasn't the prettiest or most well-played game, but it was a great road win in the playoffs.

The next game is certainly going to be chippy. Yeo has to keep Granlund off the ice at the end of the game like that. That's twice now he has gotten run over at a meaningless time and what a classless move by Backes.

The wild's defense is elite and they showed that last night. Zucker's speed may have caught them by surprise on that first goal. I don't know why everyone started picking the Blues to win the series MN is by far the more skilled team. Hope they get them again tomor afternoon if they do they can without a doubt take them in 4.

Big win last night for the Wild being the road Team, Game was not close till the final couple of minutes when it got interesting. Another win tomorrow could really put the Wild in a good position to move on in the playoffs.. As for the Blues hitting, you can't hit what you can't catch. MN needs to use that team speed and win all the little battles for the puck.

I don't know why everyone started picking the Blues to win the series MN is by far the more skilled team. Hope they get them again tomor afternoon if they do they can without a doubt take them in 4.

The Blues just have more high end skill than us right now. Their top 3 lines are just a little deeper than ours and they have two elite offensive d-men. I certainly think we can hang with them and win this series but you have to give them a slight advantage. We might be better down the road but a lot of our guys haven't reached their full potential yet. Guys like Zucker, Nino, Granlund, Coyle, Brodin & Dumba are just starting to show us a little more, we don't know how good they are going to be yet. Some might really break out and others might not reach that level. I think the blues are a little more established than us right now. I think they are in the middle of their cup window and we are just entering that zone where we are a real threat to make a deep run.

That game was there for the taking in the 3rd. It almost looked like they were waiting for us to win the game they really slowed down until the 3rd goal. Allen saved the game for them but I get the feeling he will give up quite a few at Excel. All the Wild need to do is win their home games.

Ya despite the score we didn't look too bad, very close to tying it up. I think maybe Dubs wants that 2nd goal back. Still overall I like coming back home 1-1 and we have played solid. Time to get in Allen's head and light him up at home.

Life has not been kind with the ability to watch these playoff games. Missed most of Saturday game while up at lake during clean up weekend. Going to be in the air tonight to San Jose during the game (will try out my new iPass in flight wifi widget). And then will likely still be working on Wednesday, missing at least the first half of the game.

I hope to immerse myself in the remaining games, though I won't be too butt-hurt if the Wild can close it out in 5 smile

Fun game. St. Louis going to need some good coaching to be up for the next game. Going to need to check the stats because I'm pretty sure while driving home that I heard Vanek hit the post. What a wrinkle that will add if he shoots once in awhile.

If the NHL is serious about abolishing fighting, Ott will be suspended for the rest of the series. Bet they embarrass themselves and do nothing.