• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Weight loss plans

jbell1981

2 hours ago, Hazel Hain said:

Although its quite an old post, its still alive only because it is a very important talk. Most of them are behind reducing the weight. Reducing weight is not an easy task. Proper diet and exercise is very essential. Avoid red meat and oily food.

Hazel Hain, Welcome to the forum.  There seem to be a lot of folks from Canada joining up in the last half a year which is nice. :)

The sad thing is they all seem to make about 3 posts on the same day they joined and then they never come back which is sad. :(

Hopefully you will keep posting. ;)

On the cheat meal issue.  There is only a minor setback physically if you limit to once a week.  What most people don't look at is the psychological benefit to a cheat meal.  The truth is most people who run a diet(excluding athletes and those that maintain a fit lifestyle for prefessional reasons) sneak snacks hear and there.  Sure some dont or dont for a time but most do.  The cheat meal gives you one day or meal all week to look forward to with those snacks to splurge.  This is by far easier than someone saying the diet is three months, or even better, 'I'm never eating processed sugar again'.

Traditionally sugar is not a drug but it probably should be treated like one, stuff is not good for you and acts in the same way as drugs.  https://authoritynutrition.com/10-similarities-between-junk-foods-and-drugs/

More interesting reading here for those addicted to sugar without even knowing it. 

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/white-poison-danger-sugar-beat-article-1.1605232

Sugar is a stimulant that when the high fades off, you become depressed and then that makes you want more of it.  Wow, they should maybe put a label on it.

Not a drug huh, ok... I enjoyed your explanation Eyeguy, very in-depth...

if sugar was a drug there would be halfway houses for sugar withdrawal. just google sugar is not a drug for an in depth read that will make you wonder for hours and hours an hours. i stand by my former non in depth statement. sugar is not a drug. 

Well now, thats a simple viewpoint...  Glad youre satisfied with that.

There should be halfway houses due to the health and condition of people deteriorating daily increasing everybody else's insurance premiums.  Trim the fat, isnt that the old saying?  Make healthy people that contribute to society rather than be a  drain on it, much like other drug users.

Mind control and sugar, the reading is much more exciting and not backed by the multi-trillion dollar sugar industry...

Wake up man

Edited by DrJuice1980

4 hours ago, eyeguy 54 said:

wieght reduction plan....  dont eat so much, get a little exercise.    Sugar is not a drug. KISS   

Weight reduction plan: No sugar, loading yourself with that will only make you want more of it and when you feel like dump about yourself because your lazy and fat, you can thank sugar.  Mood swings? Oh yeah, you betcha, i bet most of you guys have kids well, an adult on Sugar is pretty similar.  Theres no emotional decision taking place when you purchase candy, is there?  Nope, must be all justified by its health benefits and not the instant satisfaction drugs bring...   Sounds like a drug to me.  Meaning it makes you crave more, eat more, and get fat, lazy and out of shape, increasing your risk of a catastrophic event.

Just say no to sugar.  At least as much as you can, its been used to exploit people for centuries, continues today with making people soft, fat, dependent.

https://www.lib.umn.edu/bell/tradeproducts/sugar

I love the last part, dont feed the monkeys food humans like to eat....

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/uncle-fat-morbidly-obese-monkey-thailand-strict-no-junk-food-diet/

Sugar....

Edited by DrJuice1980