• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone have a Talon

ssaamm

Hi everyone. Tackle is organized. Reels are filled with new line. Boat is getting organized. Thinking about getting a MinnKota Talon. I can get a decent price on one. Has anyone used one or have any experience with them. I'm open to hearing the pros and cons. Thanks. I'm mainly a bass fisherman.

I just put a 10' Talon on this spring. Been using it on the river the past month and it's absolutely amazing! If you can afford the 12 go for it otherwise the 10 is great! No complaints about it so far. I had to get the jackplate bracket to mount mine and will eventually get the tilt bracket as well. The only bummer is the brackets are kind of expensive. Can't wait to use it this spring on some of the lakes around here. I might even be looking to get a second one next year :-)

bassfishn24- i just ordered a 12 from the big "C" store. They were $300 off with a $100 mail in rebate on top of that. I hope to get a 2nd one as well, but how does the single perform in current? Does the boat want to swing? Which side did you mount it on? I'm excited to test it out this spring looks like a great tool for numerous applications and ease of just docking up with no ropes at the launch, especially when loading and unloading alone.

I put a new 12ft on last year on a ranger and i have nothing bad at all to say, its fast quiet and strong. it works really great for landing, all i do is pull up to the dock a couple feet away push the remote and tie the front off and im good to go with no dock rash.

It work great in the river. The boat will swing in the direction of the current but that's good for me because I like working current seams from down river back to me so it points it in the right direction.

Super jealous of you heading to Roy/Clear area! Love fishing those lakes. Was going to plan a trip there the last weekend in June but saw that Roy Lake Resort upped their prices $30/night.

I have (2) 8 ft talons and have used them for 2 seasons. Only tip I would pass on is to remember to wash them out regularly with a hose - grit, dirt can easily jam up the rod that deploys and secures you. I agree with folks above ... huge tool when launching your boat if you fish alone regularly. Last, they look cool!

Yeah it's pretty easy actually, everything is just nut and bolt, maybe 2 hours, but eventually when I add a second I would think I could do it in less than 30 minutes. don't pay attention to the power wire as I hadn't run that when I took the picture. It is the universal mount, and tilt mount obviously.