• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

dock height ?

Cheers

I am rebuilding my crib dock this spring and have the ability to make it higher out of the water . How high should a dock be above water level ? I am thinking 18 inches. What do you think ?

We have the deck surface of ours about 15-18" above the water when we put it in. We basically leave it alone unless there's a big rain and the lake goes up. Has happened about twice in the 25 years I've been there. But, yes water fluctuation is the key question here. Are you on a river? Lake with inlets/outlets? Spring fed? I would guess 18" above the highest you've ever seen it if the water stays relatively stable.

I can compensate for the water level fluctuations , just wondering about the theoretical target to aim for assuming normal conditions should I plan for 18 inches or is that to low or high ?

We have bumpers for the boat & dock & to protect against dock rash ours need to be around 15-18" off the water.We have a busy resort nearby & July/August sees a lot of skiing so I will put it on the lift then.A winch with a strap & 6 bolts & 1 person can adjust the height alone.