• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

snowmobile

mark chiamp

have a can am 800 quad, I love it, however I missed about a month of ice fishing season bcuz of heavy snow, I fish lake simcoe in Ontario, I am 99% sure im gonna get a ski doo 550 fan cooled skandic, a 2016 model, heard they are a great choice for ice fishing??? your guys thoughts, pros, cons, any options I should get on sled ???? thank you

That sounds like a great sled, good luck on your purchase. Did you ever think about getting tracks for your Can am? I have a JD Gator with Tracks, it works great for ice fishing in deep snow, we average about 250 inches of snow a year so many times I am busting through 2+ feet of snow with no issues. I also have a small wheel house (6x10) with removable skis, there is no way a sled or a non tracked vehicle could move that around in poor conditions.

I bought a 2014 expedition 550f and I absolutely love it. Nice wide track that has gotten me though some slushy spots weighted down with heavy gear and a passenger that my old sled wouldn't have made it through. It may be a bit underpowered for some but if your just going ice fishing with it, it's a dream. And affordable compared to the higher end sleds of that model. I'd definitely recommend the expedition