• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where is Richfield dam (metro)??

Stick500

In the Carp forum one of the posters mentioned "the Richfield dam downtown" when referring to good metro carp spots in the spring

I asked in the thread specifically where that was a couple of weeks ago, but haven't got an answer yet

I imagine the "downtown" part means Minneapolis, but I don't know that for sure- On Google maps I don't see any rivers or streams in the suburb of Richfield that would have a dam

so where in the heck is this Richfield dam? Any ideas? Could it be the lock and dam under the Stone Bridge, just below St. Anthony's? I don't see any downtown streets called Richfield or any creeks called Richfield. Totally perplexed!

I love fishing carp at dams and would like to check this place out

thanks in advance for any info

Perhaps they were referring to the Rum River dam in downtown Anoka?

I did a Google search and there was a Mrs. Agnes Richfield, age 73, retired schoolteacher, who lived one block from the Anoka Dam in 1952. So maybe that's it.

smile

"I did a Google search and there was a Mrs. Agnes Richfield, age 73, retired schoolteacher, who lived one block from the Anoka Dam in 1952. So maybe that's it."

AND that's where she dumped the bodies of her "naughty" students?

Figured out the mystery!

The poster came on and said he meant Northfield dam, not Richfield!

It's down on the Cannon River past Elko.

Well, at least I do have a new dam to fish that's less than an hour way.

Thanks for the help on trying to figure it out.