• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

TEAM #7

IlliniWalli

welcome teammates. lets knock em dead this year grin

i drew 3 tags for WC illinois and start april 13

been seein lots of turkeys and gonna start scouting serious and checking roost locations for gobbling next week

we need a name - team i was on last year was Dead Redheads

I will again be chasing turkeys with the late season archery tag in MN. I had 4 close encounters last year, but no shots fired. This year will hopefully be better. The place I hunt is loaded with birds every year.

If I hunted with a gun, I could have shot a turkey in all 4 close encounters. The challenge and rush with a bow is addicting!

I will also be taking out my younger cousin. He shot a nice tom last season on Easter morning with me. Can't wait to hear those first gobbles coming in my direction!

HSO/FM Team #7

IlliniWalli

totally_addicted

Hunter(mws4dux) - Y

mws4dux

Redlineracer12

I guess this one is me smile

I have tags for period C (Apr 29th) and D (May 6th) in Western Wisconsin again this year. Last year had a few missed opportunities on adult toms. It's been a while since I got a bird but I have high hopes this year. After getting a bird opening day every year with the shotgun for about 3 years in a row I started chasing them with my bow. Then after 3 years of no turkeys coming home I am back to my shotgun. cool

looks like we are all present and accounted for

scouted one of my spots for the first time today and it took awhile but the gobbling on the roost was crazy. 2 good sized flocks that went opposite directions after flydown

about 30 came out in the field i was watching, including half a dozen longbeard strutters

gonna be a tough decision where to hunt monday

oh yeah, guys, we need a team name. any suggestions?

Hunter using his voice for a call..Hunter speaking turkey: https://youtu.be/KSf06YH42BE

Nice! I don't normally see Jake's in full strut, that one was sure excited. smile

I picked up a new breeding hen decoy and went and put up a trail camera over the weekend. Getting excited, just over 2 more weeks for my first season.

full-32218-54907-20150416_100340.jpg

Hunter's bird..#21.8. 10 1/2"beard 1 1/8" spurs.

no calls. Moved in on the birds at our second spot. Sat down

in the woods. Five minutes later 4 hens 2 jakes and 2 toms walked

by at 30 yards. Hunter's first bird without a ground blind. He

thought that was cool !!!

punched my 2nd tag yesterday

left my opening setup when all the gobbling was too far in the distance

drove a few miles to another small patch of woods and settled in for a long setup in a crop field finger where turkeys often cruise through mid-morning

called about every 15 minutes and hour and a half later, strike a gobble with a woodhaven copperhead in the neighbor's big stubbled cornfield. 5 minutes later after a few more calls and gobbles, he had traveled about 100 yards, crossed two fences and strutted out right in front of me

22.8 + 11 + 1.25 = 69.8

full-36507-54988-gedc0299.jpg