• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone seen any active carp around here yet?

Was catching both Redhorse and Carp during the last warm weather we had. Fish were very congregated and on the chew. Haven't fished the river for a couple weeks now, but have noticed a further drop in water levels since then.

Concerned for water levels state wide; could turn out to be a tough year.

what's Coon Rapids like for fishing after all the changes- I haven't been up there since they started the construction- any chance we would have better access to the fish at the bigger dam (recall that we were all stuck up there high along the fence and had to try and heft 20 lb. carp up the wall)

I have been looking around at feeder streams that feed into the MN River for carp/suckers running and have not had any luck. I am hoping to do some sight fishing with the fly rod. Can anyone provide some tips and hints for finding carp or other rough fish in the smaller rivers in the SW Metro? Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the info! I went out yesterday and found a decent sized school of carp on the Vermillion in the trout waters section. They were still in pretty deep holes and hanging out in the trees, but managed to hook into one. Where is Dushane's access?

I was planning to go south of Hastings as I have read there is a decent population of sheepshead down there, but did not make it there yesterday.

Thanks for the info! I went out yesterday and found a decent sized school of carp on the Vermillion in the trout waters section. They were still in pretty deep holes and hanging out in the trees, but managed to hook into one. Where is Dushane's access?

I was planning to go south of Hastings as I have read there is a decent population of sheepshead down there, but did not make it there yesterday.

Just a reminder that you might already know... I think you need a trout stamp to fish in designated trout water, even if you are not fishing for trout.

Dushane's access is just outside of Hastings a few miles, right off county road 54. Vermillion is thick with sheepshead also, although I don't know how active they are this time of year, especially with this cold snap we're having. This may or may not make a difference, but I think it does based on my experience...green night crawlers has always outproduced regular one in regards to carp on the vermillion.

Thanks for the information JB!! I took a break from the carp fishing to do some trout fishing this weekend in SE MN. Tough to beat fly fishing during a caddis fly hatch!!

CTRL_ALT_DEL did you make it to the Vermillion on Saturday? Any reports?