• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NCAA Puck + Brackets

Bear55

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow if I had only tried a little harder on the bracket I could have gotten every single game wrong and zero points! Stupid BU and UND ruined it for me. However I do have CaptainMusky owned for the toilet bowl championship! grin

Yak in command of the bracket right now, here is the leaderboard, basically only the guys who picked UND or BU have a shot at it.

NAME POINTS NC-PICK

yakfisher 10 North Dakota

Mowski12 9 Minnesota State

PierBridge 8 Minnesota

baxter09 8 North Dakota

steveasche 7 Minnesota

bobberineyes 7 Boston

bran32 7 Minnesota State

Dylan33 7 North Dakota

Hester 7 Boston

I have a bad bad feeling here. I dont see anyway the Sioux botch another frozen 4 appearance....this would be like 8 straight FFs coming up empty.

Funny thing is they arnt really all the good of team by Sioux standards but they finally have the goalie to get it done.

Since I don't have a dog in this fight anymore, I am hoping for a UNO/UND Final.

Then, Dean Blais can hand Hakstol yet another Frozen Four defeat. That would be epic!

+1, rooting for the Blaiser now. Not really to root against the Whioux, but more that it would be an interesting regional matchup. Last thing I want to see is Boston winning the final out east.

It should be awesome! The planes are full of green. I think Boston will be surprised by the numbers UND will have in their "home rink." I can't wait for puck drop. Besides, I need the SIOUX to win, it's the only chance I have left in my bracket.

Mass exodus from the Gophs, not surprising. Most under-performing team ever IMO, Reload and let the struggles continue.
Agreed. I "hope" they lose 10 guys from this roster. 6 of those are seniors and last I checked 2 underclassmen (Wilcox and Skjei) are gone for sure since they signed deals and Reilly has said he isn't coming back, but has yet to ink a deal that leaves only one more.

Underachieving is an understatement for this team.

Quote:
Reload and let the struggles continue.

Not sure what you mean by that but ill gladly take the continue part as in continue to play in the National Championship ice hockey game like we did LESS then a year ago....lol

Like I said, sadly, I cant see the Sioux choking in 7 or 8 straight Frozen Fours.

Good Luck! smile

Use your imagination Peir, maybe Eichel with an OT winner. wink

Gophs will be back next year, crappy season considering the expectations but I have been getting use to these kinds of ups and downs, as a whole the playing field has leveled off and the big dogs aren't going to dominate like they once did.

I guess I will hop on the UNO bandwagon too, bunch of MN kids and Dean Blais, whats not to like.

Providence vs BU. Borrrring, zzz.

Oh well, guess most of my Saturday night opened up. Might check the score a few times but I will not watch much of that game.

A little dissapointed in the NCHC. 6 teams out of 10 and they couldn't crack the final.

Yep not much interest left here either, maybe check out the highlights.

With that said the brackets look interesting, hopefully I get this right. The two guys that picked BU could tie and have it settled on total goals in the tournament.

LEADERBOARD

Mowski12 - 13 - Wins if Providence wins.

bobberineyes - 11 - Picked BU - 89 total goals.

bran32 - 11 - Sorry bran32, no chance.

Hester - 11 - Picked BU - 72 total goals.

Totally agree walleyeking. Thought I'd tune in with 10 minutes to go and I wasn't disappointed one bit. Killer ending, unless you were O'Connor in net. BU even had a wide open net to shoot on with about a minute to go. Happy for the Friars on their first title.

I flipped it back to the game to see it tied in the 3rd. Missed the fluke dump in goal. Right when I turned it back Providence was near the faceoff dot and the guy just flipped the puck in the air toward the net. I was like What the heck are you doing? The Buccigross said "making every attempt to get the puck on net now..."

Then I saw the replay. DOH!!!