• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rudy Zwieg Decoy Show

spearman

I visited the show yesterday. My first decoy show. I was very impressed with everyone's craftsmanship. I left with a few decoy's to start my collection. Met some nice people and got some good tips for making my own. I liked it so much I may even go to the Perham show!

I saw your decoys Neighbor Guy. Those large fish you had there caught my eye. They are really well done. I am sorry I didn't look at this thread sooner, or I would have introduced myself.

We had to leave by Noon but my buddy and I ended eating an early lunch with one the guys helping you out. He showed us some spearing pics, and a spearing video on his phone.

A few nice spears exchanged hands right away Saturday morning, including a few Kraemers and a Heine Lewis.

When we left, we walked out with another gent, who had a few really nice old time spears out in his car, including a 5 tine Pimple in great shape and one that looked like MI walleye spear from the days of commercial fishing on the Great Lakes that had small double barbs on the outer tines. He also had a few old Heddon spearing decoys.

I picked up a >1" red/white whitefish decoy by Terrie Wise, a red/white Dennis Bertram floater to add to the arsenal, an old cowbell for cheering on our boys at their cross country ski races, and a few decoys from some heretofore unknown carvers (to me). I will be sure to add a Gau to the collection next time!

I was temped to pull the trigger on a specialized spearing chair that was pretty comfortable. I thought I might start to nap too much, so I decided to hold off for now anyways.