• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Drop down trailers??

Gofishleech

I will be and have started looking around for drop down fish house trailers. I am seeing some different prices out there and am looking for opinions.

Has anyone any experience with Miltona Black smith trailers? I'm only looking for crank down trailers and I want them a full 8' with wheels outside 8' so they will need to be custom. I know its not road legal but don't care. Feel free to pm me.

Miltona Blacksmith does a good job. I would request that the center tube run all the way to the back of the frame.

If you never plan to sell the house then road legal maybe isn't a big deal. But if you do, that might reduce the value to someone who wants to make road trips legally.

In your overall frame size, make sure you consider what type of siding and how you plan to lay it out. I built my frame so that the sides are actually 14'5" to make the best use of 4' wide aluminum sheets. I figured I may as well gain the extra 5" rather than cutting the sheet and wasting it. Lots of things to consider as you begin your build. Good Luck.

my brother got a frame custom made at MB a few years ago. Had an 8x12 on skids that he wanted to put a frame under. wasnt worried about width since it is only pulled about 10 miles of gravel to the lake and left there. MB did a really good job and was reasonably priced. Thinking about building my own wheel house in the future and will be using a frame from MB.

I'm a Miltona owner and supporter. Bite the bullet though and spend the few extra dollars for brakes when Don builds it. I would rethink the 8+ idea if you want to travel with it.

Tom, order early. He builds docks all spring and fish house frames after on a first come first served. Very easy to work with. He's actually competitive or cheaper on tank holder, furnaces, etc, than I found elsewhere when I built.