• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My summer project!

mysnopro

I was skeptical as well but it looks like you've done a nice job with it.

I do still have some reservations about putting your wheel house on it. If a big storm rolls through and something goes wrong you are putting the house at risk. I probably would have build some simple would structure to hold bunks and such. It could be built in sections and installed on the platform and if something goes wrong you're only out some additional lumber and not your wheel house. Minimizing risk isn't a bad idea.

I'm curious if anyone on the lake has taken notice or said anything? Any problems with people using the platform when you aren't there?

Catch anything from the platform yet?

How easy is it to move around or get off the lake?

I haven't seen this mentioned yet, but from a safety perspective (and the law I imagine), I'd think you need to have a 360 degree anchor light for night. Can you imagine someone coming across the lake at night and piling up on that? The reflectors that are required for winter are pretty useless as boats don't have headlights to shine off them. Might want to take that into consideration for the sake of your own liability.

That said, looks like a cool project.

I haven't seen this mentioned yet, but from a safety perspective (and the law I imagine), I'd think you need to have a 360 degree anchor light for night. Can you imagine someone coming across the lake at night and piling up on that? The reflectors that are required for winter are pretty useless as boats don't have headlights to shine off them. Might want to take that into consideration for the sake of your own liability.

That said, looks like a cool project.

I think even anchored diving rafts have to have reflectors around them.

I think even anchored diving rafts have to have reflectors around them.

Reflectors only work so well when you're driving up on this thing in a boat and you don't have headlights.

If I was putting something like this on the water, I'd put an all-around 360 degree white light on, at a minimum (same as what's required for an anchored boat).

Reflectors only work so well when you're driving up on this thing in a boat and you don't have headlights.

If I was putting something like this on the water, I'd put an all-around 360 degree white light on, at a minimum (same as what's required for an anchored boat).

I agree lights would be the way to go. I do think that there is a law for anchored rafts or houseboats to have reflectors as well.

Well little update on this, Second summer on pond and she stood up to many 30-45 mph windstorms! We took shack off and pulled platform up on shore in the weeds and tied it off for winter. No problems this spring. No complaints in two summers on the pond. Gets lots of use from everyone. Its never locked. May build a small shelter on it next spring. Only use shelter to sleep in and for port potty. Got some ideas in mind for the building. Its not coming off till after duck hunting season.

Edited by mysnopro