• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

area 44 for bear

Yup, i have family land in 41 and straight south of it about 20 milesni have newly aquired private land to hunt. Just wonder if thers anyone here i might be rubbibg elbows with. Not sure when new regs come out. Deadlinenis may 1st. Love going from ice fishing straight into bear.

Been hunting area 44 for 10+ yrs. Have fair success rates. The particular area we hunt in zone 44 seems to be getting bombarded with guides the last 5yrs or so. Oh well that's hunting for you. We just stick to our baits that we have had established and don't move them even if someone moves in on us.

Boar, we have a cabin south of Solway. I drew a tag back 4 years ago when I was at BSU (my first time ever bear hunting) and had great success with the baits. I ended up arrowing a 142 lb on the second night.

That was the only year I had time to bear hunt out there. Now I am out in ND and most likely won't bear hunt there for a long time.

There seemed to be alot of people that did the bear hunting. But I don't think most guys had the drive to get back off the roads and logging trails to really run consistent baits. There are plenty of bear and plenty of ground to hunt if your willing to do a little walking and carrying the bait in.