• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Walleye Replica Suggestions

Hi all I recently caught a large walleye that was released. I would like to get a replica made, I have photos. Any suggestions for someone that does good work in the central MN area. If its a litte further away I dont mind and I dont mind if the price is a little higher this fish means alot to me and I want a quality replica. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

I would highly recommend Matt at Artistic Anglers. They are located in Duluth, but they do a lot of fish for people all over the region. They've done 2 walleye replicas for me personally and they do great work. If I'm not mistaken, they did the replicas at the Cabelas store in Rogers too.

Congrats on the big fish!!

For replicas, the two standard MN sites are Artistic Angler's as already suggested, and Fibertech out of Nisswa. Both are very good and most people are very happy with their work. If you don't limit yourself to local though, and want something extra special, there are several across the country that are even better quality.

One is Blackwater Fish Replicas out of Gig Harbor, WA.

Another is Marine Creation Taxidermy out of Florida. Both are a couple bucks more per inch, but the guys are true artists, and the paint jobs are not just good, they're incredible.

Check out their websites.