• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Favorite Fish House Food

I just got my first wheel house for ice fishing. My wife, two dogs, and I just did an over-nighter in it and we loved the time together. If you can spend a 24 hour period together, not be more than six feet apart at any given time, and come out of it smiling, it must be true love. We are planning to do at least one more outing before we park it.

Ok, so on to the food part, what is your favorite fish house food?

Venison steak in a pan with garlic, onion, salt, pepper and lots of butter. with canned sliced potatoes from the store in a pan with butter and Lawry's salt cooked until crispy and green beans. That's my favorite.

You guys are making me hungry. We can have brats the first night, grilled fish for breakfast, and Venison for lunch. I am a self proclaimed old cast iron pan freak and the fried Venison and fixings gives me an excuse to bring one out the fish house.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Going out in the wheelhouse this weekend for one more overnight, on the menu is a small venison roast, cooked on the stove in a big skillet with tight fitting lid with 2-3 onions, couple carrots, and as many potatoes as I can fit in. The leftover potatoes will be saved for breakfast, warmed up, and throw some eggs on them. Along with coffee and cookies.

Anything you can cook on the stove at home you can cook in the fishhouse, either from scratch or warmed up. Last time out I did grilled cheese sandwiches and soup.

Have fun!!!

Curious how big your house is to also accommodate two dogs??

The fish house is 7 x 12. She is an oldy but a goody. The dogs love summer fishing and it did not take them long to figure out what this winter fishing thing is all about. One is an ankle biter and the other is what pheasants dream about when they have nightmares.

full-29207-53546-0302151645(1).jpg

full-29207-53547-0301151203.jpg

full-29207-53548-0301150952.jpg

Congratulations Neighbor!

I know a place where you can pick up some pretty good tri-tip steaks! grin

These steaks are great! I have had them on the grill, broiled in cast iron, and we just finished doing one in the slow cooker. We are going the shred it and put it on a Kaiser Roll. Should be awesome.