• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Johnson 140HP Tilt/Trim Issues

Bentrod

2004 Johnson 140 4 Stroke. The motor creeps down, I'm told the valve is bad on the Tilt/Trim. I had a shop replace the O-rings on the Tilt/Trim and the next day the motor creeps down. They discontinued selling the valve? Any idea on a fix/replacement? Rebuild? Used? What went wrong with it? O-ring? Pin Hole? Will another make work?

Or did the shop screw something up?

Thanks for the help!!

2004 Johnson 140 4 Stroke. The motor creeps down, I'm told the valve is bad on the Tilt/Trim. I had a shop replace the O-rings on the Tilt/Trim and the next day the motor creeps down. They discontinued selling the valve? Any idea on a fix/replacement? Rebuild? Used? What went wrong with it? O-ring? Pin Hole? Will another make work?

Or did the shop screw something up?

Thanks for the help!!

Isn't that just a Suzuki motor painted a different color? One that Suzuki still makes? Check with a Suzuki dealer.

I usually leave my trim position in the "level" mode as indicated by the guage. However, if my boat sets for any period of time, the trim will creep toward the down position and after 15 minutes or more it will settle all the way to the down position.

Is it the pump assembly?

Is the oil low in the pump? Air in the lines? You don't hear about the pumps going bad very often.It looks like there's some videos on you tube on how to bleed the system.That's where I would start.

Looked into replacing the check vavle on your brand motor & it sounds like Rebel is on the right track.A discussion on it at marine engine's site,seen many say that it's the place to go for parts too.