• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Strikemaster Lazer Synthetic Hand Auger

FisH_SLaYer24

I’m looking to see if anyone has any reviews on the Strikemaster Lazer Synthetic Hand Auger. I am looking at purchasing a new drill bit for my cordless drill and I wanted to hear what people like/dislike about this specific hand auger. From the looks of it, it looks like it could be a very nice drill. Also, if anyone has used the drill bit with a cordless drill, feel free to offer up a review on that too.

Thanks,

Chris

I have a 6" synthetic on a clam drill plate with a Makita brushless drill. The only thing I would change about my set-up is to go with a Milwaukee drill. They hold up better than the Makita, but I had a bevvy of Makita tools already so I picked up another drill on black friday and got a couple extra batteries to go with the rest of my kit.

It is quick and light. I have drilled through 24" of ice pretty easily. With a synthetic auger bit, always make sure to clear most of your chips right before you break through. You can get the slush out of the hole with the flighting but it is much easier on the auger if you clear it when it is not filled with water too.

If 4" is big enough for you, the 4" is incredibly fast. I like 6 though for most of my fishing.

Haven't even brought the Solo Lazer out this year.