• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Eagle Fishmark 320

Bushwacker

Question

Has anybody had any experience with the new Fishmark 320 by Eagle. It seems to be the exact replica of the Lowrance version, and an upgrade(?) of the Fishmark 160 and Fishmark 240. It seems like a great deal at only $199 for that many pixels. I have never used an Eagle, but at that price it would be worth adding a second graph for the bow of my boat. Please let me know what you think.

12 answers to this question

I owned an Eagle Accura 240 and absolutely loved it. I chose it over the Lowrance X-75 at the time because the only notable difference besides the $150 price difference was the background lighting on the Lowrance was better and of course the name on it (although they come out of the same factory).

It was hard to let it go but I just sold it because $199 for a 320x320 unit is amazing. Can't tell you how well it works until we lose the 3 feet of ice.

As an FYI, Lowrance dropped their prices too by about $100 this year, but if you compare it to the Lowrance X-87, the Fishmark 320 is still a $100 cheaper. I trusted the quality on my last Eagle 240 so I will with this one as well. Same factory, same assembly, same features, different logo and color, why not go with the Eagle unless you need the features of the LCX-15 series in the Lowrance line. There is less resale in the Eagle unit but that is about it.

My pop runs an Eagle optima which is a 240x240 it was made before the accura but is essentially the same unit. It is a great unit, about 4 years old and never had a problem. For that matter all he ever runs are eagles and I don't think 1 has ever had a problem. The optima is great at showing fish and structure, I can only imagine the fishmark 320 will be better, since it has twice the power and more pixels.

I'm going to go for it too, Valv. Now I just have to decide if I want the model with the speed sensor, and if I want the conversion kit that Cabela's is selling for $59.97 to put it on the trolling motor. That seems like a good deal. It comes with an extra transducer, extra power cord, and extra Ram mount. What do you think?

That sound like a good idea, PLUS, if you wait until tomorrow, they have a Spring Expo for 3 days, you might be able to get some extra "goodies" with it.

I don't need speed measurement, they are not too accurate at low speed and I use the GPS to be more precise. It already has temp sensor, so I'll get the $ 199

I know where I'll be tomorrow morning !!

Bigeye and Kirsh, you should print this topic, mail it to Eagle and get a "commission" from them, after all you helped selling 2 units, you can be considered "salesperson". grin.gif

[This message has been edited by Valv (edited 02-27-2003).]

Valv, I agree with you 100%. I will never get a speed sensor on a sonar/graph unit again if it isn't free. Most of us carry GPS units anyway and they are much more accurate. Mine goes down to about .4 mile an hour and goes in increments of .1 after this. Those little paddle wheel type speed sensors aren't very reliable and can't touch this type of accuracy.

As far as the commission, I only recommend what I believe in and Eagle hasn't let me down yet. Just watch, mine will probably burn out the first time out now. If Eagle wants to give me free stuff, great.

I also ordered the conversion kit from Cabelas for $60. The Ram mounting kit alone is worth $30, The extra transducer and power supply put this way over the top. I don't fish out of the front of the boat that much, but I bought this anyway as it was too good of a deal to pass up.

Good Fishing

Valv, I have to agree I find the speed relatively worthless! I do like the surface temp reeding though. I think it helps a little when looking for warm crappie spots in the bays(2-4 ft.) at spring time. After that it doesn't have much value other than a general idea of temps. Valv you don't even want to know how I feel about sponsors, but there are a lots of my friends on this site that are, so I best shut up before I get my self in trouble.

How do you guys like your fish mark 320?
I bought one this spring and I like it somewhat so far but haven't dug in to deeply yet on how to use all features.
I got the speed sensor for free, but otherwise I think i would have brought it back if I had paid for it.
It says my boat is doing almost 50 MPH wide open, when I know I cant be,, I only have an 85hp on a 16ft. bayliner speed boat.
my old speedometer on the boat,(before it broke) gave me a top speed reading of about 35.

How accurate do you think the water temp reading is? Have any of you had anything else to look at water temp. with to compare it to the reading on your 320?

I need to play around with the options more, one lake I fish fpor crappies on, I'll get flying out to my crappie spot, and I'll come across areas were it shows sometimes about 20 or so fish symbols(fish I.D.on)., so one time when I seen a bunch of the fish symbols I decided to turn Fish I.D. off, from what I read you should get a more accurate reading seeing hooks as fish symbols, then they are more than likly fish. but when I did this in that same area, I didn't see any of the hook type symbols, also its much more cloudy after turning the Fish I.D. off., so I cant make much out at all, all I can figure from that is, when fish I.D. is ON, all these fish symbols I am seeing is just clutter floating around. This is a pretty weedy lake.

I downloaded that little program on the Eagle site, but it didn't help much because the screen is too clear (heh, heh) they should put a couple different download options on there, one where the water clarity isn't so perfect.

Any input that you can give me to make things easier will be appreciated, otherwise I'll figure it out, I'll just have to go out alot earlier someday and play around with it, but I better do it soon becasue i want it setup right for when the crappies dissapear from the shallows and for when I FINALLY start getting after the wallys.
thanks

I was getting allot of clutter on mine so I turned down the sensitivity and now it runs just like the simulator at the eagle web site. Give that a try it really worked on my 320 .Metro

I too think the 320 is a good little unit for the price. The feature I like is the window in the corner for your battery voltage. Sitting up front it was easy to forget about all the juice I was using with baitwells livewells and other units. Now after a long time running I can see it's time to fire up the big motor and give it a little charge. Beats jumping batterys!!