• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2007 Toyota Rav4 check engine light on

Have a 2007 Toyota Rav4 4 cylinder

Check engine,traction control and VSC light on

Periodically engine will run/idle a little rough

Codes C0215 C1201 C1223 P0138

One code is ABS and one is bank 1 sensor 2 which I believe is the rear 02 sensor

A little research on the web with people with similar problem has me leaning towards the 02 sensor.

Also disconnected battery to clear codes and everything worked even the traction control for a while till lights came back on.

Any suggestions?

Im pretty sure its the 02 sensor but would like some other opinions before I change it. I am aware that Toyota has mechanics but Im not paying $500 bucks in tests and parts to screw in a $80-100 sensor. If the sensor doesn't take care of it no big deal the car has 140,000 miles on it and wouldn't hurt to change it anyway.

Was the ABS light on prior to the engine light coming on?

What scan tool did you use to get those codes?

The first C code is a speed sensor code, The second is a code to let you know that the check engine light is causing the ABS and trac lights to come one and the third I am not sure.

The P code is for a O2 sensor that is reading to high. Typically a new O2 will take care of it. Personally I like to see what it is reading on the scan tool compared to the other side. If it is way off kilter I like to unplug it and then see where the scan tool likes to default. If the number changes I can pretty much rule out anything wrong on the vehicle side of the circuit.