• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best spring bobber?

Musky Joe

The one biggest junk spring bobber IMO are the actual springs you have to feed your line through. I personally use the ones that fit onto the rod and not into the eyelet. Brand wise, I'm not sure what all I even have with all my combos. I think I have 5 or 6 different and all seem pretty equal.

My first spring bobbers were the ones you need to thread the line thru from frabil. Really liked them when inside the popup or when warm out on the ice. I would pull them a bit and make about an inch longer. Not fun when cold tho, ice up city. So this year went to the titanium one. Really like them and adjustable which is nice. I just use the cheaper UL 24 inch rod from gander and works dandy with these bobbers. Cant say what bobber out there is best since I have only tried 2.

i would agree about st. croix but arent those springs only compatible with st croix rods? i think i have tried about every universal spring bobber on the market and so far the frabill titanium spring is the one i have stuck with. they are durable and can clip on to any rod you have, and i really like the effect it gives plastics while finesse jigging. really makes those fine point plastic tails quiver without a whole lot of jig movement.

The spring bobbers with the actual springs work really well and i like how they fit into an eyelet. But the down side to them if your line is not straight it may take a little while to get the line through.
Just take a heavy line double it up and push it through from the end put your light line through the hoop pull in back out done.

i would agree about st. croix but arent those springs only compatible with st croix rods? i think i have tried about every universal spring bobber on the market and so far the frabill titanium spring is the one i have stuck with. they are durable and can clip on to any rod you have, and i really like the effect it gives plastics while finesse jigging. really makes those fine point plastic tails quiver without a whole lot of jig movement.

No, they'll work on just about any rod...but you'll need to make a few additions to it. It's very simple and easy. A quick google search will get you all the info and parts needed. it's worth it!

the first frabil titanium I put on I did not tape it. my bad... LOL down the hole it went after a fish was released. Popped off and small jig went right thru the end. I cussed as I watched it sink. lol. Now I have 3, all taped on. I really like that I can adjust it easily. Nice that I can pull them all the way in for transporting also.

full-27930-53275-sb1.jpg

full-27930-53276-sb2.jpg