• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

fish house security

Ol' Lund

I'll start off with stating the obvious, if someone wants it they will get it. But I was just thinking of hiding a trail camera in fish house somewhere to get pictures if someone broke in. Anybody have something like this or other security system in fish house?

You will for sure what to get one that sends you the pictures automatically.

Maybe consider leaving a sign hanging inside your house that tells the thief that their photo has already been taken and sent directly to you. Maybe add that if they leave right now without taking anything and if they leave $20 to replace the broken lock then you won't turn the photo over to the authorities.

Agee that if someone wants something they will get it. I leave my house out on the lake all season and have not had any issues (knock on wood).

I did a few things on my house, you can add this for less than $300.

- Always pull the shades when I leave.

- Installed a 12v motion sensor light above the door.

- Installed a Viper car alarm that has a 2 way transmitter. It has a shock sensor and a door switch along with a blue blinking light that everyone can see. My brother in law who lives on the lake has the 2-way transmitter on his night stand just in case someone messes with the house, he is a ex Marine, enough said..

- There are 2 hidden high power sirens inside the house and the outside lights flash when the alarm is triggered. You can't stand being in the house when the sirens go off. There are no external sirens. The sirens will chirp if someone beats on door.

- 1 hidden back up battery that runs the alarm in case someone decides to disconnect the battery.

- lastly, alarm stickers on the door.

We have had a few people come up to the house but quickly leave once they trigger the motion sensor.

Odds are at some point someone will kick the door in, hopefully they don't stick around. It gives me some piece of mind.

My brother in law who lives on the lake has the 2-way transmitter on his night stand just in case someone messes with the house, he is a ex Marine

Be careful of calling him an "ex" Marine. God bless them!

As for the OP, my dad has a simple solar security light on his house, but the big thing is he leaves the window shades open so anybody can see that there's nothing worth stealing in there in the first place. He takes everything that isn't bolted down back home. The only break-in he's ever had was when a couple kids got lost on the ice and broke in to get warmed up. They left a note with a phone number to replace the lock. Life is nicer up North lol

So the crooks reading this will wear a full ski mask when breaking in, if sober, good luck ID'ing him as I assume most females aren't doing this. I think a rooftop cam maybe or something to hopefully catch the vehicle make or maybe if done by snowmobile could maybe work. Was a rash of break ins on Star Lake near Dent,MN recently. A friend of mine who decided to spend the night prevented many more from being robbed. We've been hauling anything important to us home every night, not fun but thinking the odds are slim in getting anything back or the crooks getting nailed so better yet would be a camera situated at the access points to the lake but who's taking that on or sinking money into that.

Add a close-up motion light on front of house which is built in the wall so no, smashing it. A Trail cam with added cams to post direct to internet. If I had the back ground with all these toys, I'm sure there could be a system made for a couple hundred bucks that could scare the dump out these morons.

Other than a major trap. Say spear hole in front of door. Electric door knob,

With all the wheel houses out there now someone could make big money with a top notch security system. Get in with all the big name manufacturers and have them installed at the factory so it becomes standard with the purchase. I guarantee this will happen in the near future with all the technology out there and its only improving.

ok I do like the idea of a security system but how would it work, I see camera to computer fro pictuers but in that one needs a very good facial shot of the perp, and genreally it gonna be at night and theyll ony have flash lights, tough picture quality there, pluse batterie life and cold batteries wont help matters, specially if one is away for a period of time it will drain the deepcycle pretty quick. I see a trail cam style with sattelight to computer working leupold makes one and so do other top cam manufacture, alarms? ok so my alarm gose off and Im 2 hrs away, are these things synced with the local P.D. so they can shut the thing off? Then were back to running of the deepcycle which will be drained and render it usless till one showes up to run the genny to charge again. I personnaly take my house back with me or to family member closer to the lake.

The alarm that I use is a car alarm system, it draws very little power when armed. The main purpose is to deter them from messing with it in the first place. No crook wants to draw attention to themselves. The blue blinking light at least gives them fair warning. If they do try to break in then the sirens sound and they run for two minutes then it resets. I have had very few false alarms and no break ins in three years.

Most crooks won't stick around and will not like having a siren in their ears. Of course I run the risk that it just ticks them off and they do more damage but most crooks are low life chickens that don't want to get caught..

I agree the best deterent is to just pull it off the lake but I still have to store it when it off the lake and it is nice to have the piece of mind that most people won't mess with it.

Just nudging this post from last year relating to security.   I have left my Fishhouse out on the lake for three years now and no one has messed with it.   I think a basic car alarm,  a motion sensing light and even just a blinking blue light keeps people away.

Edited by Princeton