• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Securing a reel

Trump34

I like the bands and want to continue to use them. My problem is the finish on the handle allows the reel to slide slightly when fighting a fish. I'm looking for some type of material to put between the reel and the handle that would prevent this. Has anyone found something that works well? If possible it should be removable and not damage the finish

20150209_213653.jpg

If i were doing this, I would get some of the reel tape that only sticks to itself. Wrap two or three strips of that around the handle before putting the reel on it. Only wrap each strip around the handle one time to keep it thin. Use the same rings to then secure the reel in place. The reel tape should provide a tacky enough surface to keep the reel in place and it will remove cleanly and easily when you want to.

You could try a thin layer of blue tacky putty, something similar to this:

cntct_putty.png

Or this

9ef58f0b-e499-4564-8e20-51d3c4874c31_300

Lots of folks put it between their shiny, smooth home theater speakers and the metal speaker stand, and it keeps those speakers in place even with the vibrating of the speaker, with NO tie down. Considering that, it should work wonders between a reel and a rod with actual binders there holding the reel tightly.

Trump, you know the wife probably wouldn't have missed that 1/2" by 3" slit in one of your shelves smile

I was thinking the same thing, I would have just cut that off the back corner of one of the higher less-utilized shelves and not mentioned it to the misses, rather than buying a whole roll smile