• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What's the plan for this fall?

Scoot

Was not drawn for AZ. Again. We now have 7 points, I believe 8 is nearly guaranteed.

Definitely headed back to the Black Hills again this fall, really missed it last year.

A few years ago I drew a once-in-a-lifetime ND moose tag. It looks like after all of my applications are in this year that will remain the only tag I've ever drawn that I wasn't 100$ certain I would draw. Dang! WY, MT, and NM- the drawing gods all said "no thanks" to me. I must not be livin' right! I go to church, I try to be a good citizen, husband, and father... No matter- I can't pull a tag to save my rear end! I had hopes for NM, but it looks like it's not happening for me this year. DANG IT!!!!!!!

I should be locked into an antelope hunt in WY- have enough points to assure a tag there. After that, it looks like I won't draw any elk tag this year. I may hunt for MN bear instead or maybe I'll do an OTC elk or leftover elk hunt. Not sure, but I definitely wanted to go to NM and give it a shot...

A few years ago I drew a once-in-a-lifetime ND moose tag. It looks like after all of my applications are in this year that will remain the only tag I've ever drawn that I wasn't 100$ certain I would draw. Dang! WY, MT, and NM- the drawing gods all said "no thanks" to me. I must not be livin' right! I go to church, I try to be a good citizen, husband, and father... No matter- I can't pull a tag to save my rear end! I had hopes for NM, but it looks like it's not happening for me this year. DANG IT!!!!!!!

I should be locked into an antelope hunt in WY- have enough points to assure a tag there. After that, it looks like I won't draw any elk tag this year. I may hunt for MN bear instead or maybe I'll do an OTC elk or leftover elk hunt. Not sure, but I definitely wanted to go to NM and give it a shot...

Sorry, Scoot. That stings! I thought you had a decent shot at drawing a tag at least for your 3rd choice. On the bright side, your antelope hunt should be a blast! There are still a few options for elk and I'm sure if you decide to go one of those routes you will have a great hunt and probably tag a bull.

As for me, I also struck out in NM. BUT, my dad faired a bit better. He drew a pretty darn good hunt down there. In fact, he got the same unit that we hunted this past year. So, we'll have a very exciting September in New Mexico again. My cousin and I will be guide/sherpa/packer for my dad and uncle, who have the tags. With any luck this will be the year we break our elk curse!

I'm still considering other options for a quick, cheap western hunt for myself and my cousin, who was unsuccessful in the draw with me. Possibly a couple leftover doe antelope tags in eastern Wyoming would fit the bill nicely. We'll see how everything plays out, but right now I'm just thankful to be heading to New Mexico again!

Right now my main focus is trying to find some land to hunt. The private land that we had permission to hunt on was sold off, unknown to us, and now I am scrambling to find some land to hunt for this fall. I might have a couple of spots lined up but they aren't the greatest whitetail spots in the world but I will make the best out of it. Still hoping to find some more land, but if not, I'll be hunting state land. Spending all this time looking for land has kinda taken the wind out of my sails in regards to looking out of state and with starting a new job, time off will be limited. However on the bright side.......two guys that I now work with both make annual trips to WY for antelope and mule deer, and one of them throws in CO as well. Last year in CO the guy shot a 180 3/8 mule deer on his last afternoon out. Those are definitely on tap for next year.

Well we pulled KS tags again! Just found out today and already jacked. Every year it looks like more apply but we made the cut again. I hope to watch my dad arrow a bruiser this year down there. Either way it will be a great trip.