• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Aerator Wall and Car Charger Question

BassKnuckles

I ended up purchasing the Frabill Min-O-Life bait bucket. It works fine basically but it does leak if tipped over on it's side bu that's not the issue.

The aerator on it takes 2 D batteries.

Does anyone know how or if it's possible to rig that up to use a car power supply, 12V powersupply and the batteries?

I'd rather not keep buying D batteries all the time. It might just be easier to buy a aerator that has what I'm looking for but I would like to find my cheapest option first.

I bought the cooler looking bait holder. I can use either D size batteries or it came with a 12v charger for a cigarette plug in. I have used it both ways and works good. I am not sure of the name but I think it is Engel. Not cheep but works good. They also make different sizes.

I had the same issue, I ended up buying a much more efficient aerator (Magic Aerator). It runs on 1 D battery, and will last 2-3 days, nonstop without going dead. I like that option if I want to take them in a portable, etc.. It is frustrating going through 3-4 D batteries in a day or 2.

Been there done that. After all the messing around I just bought a 2 way aerator pump:http://www.amazon.com/Marine-Metal-Bubbles-Water-Resistant/dp/B002QFXUDG/ref=pd_sim_sg_6?ie=UTF8&refRID=12K8Z96QA6WF6FJ01EDB

It's very quiet, comes with a 12V adaptor and will run almost 3 days on 2 D cells, and probably the same price after you get done trying to get it to work.. I bought this to replace my aerator pump that came with my Engel minnow bucket. No more spilled water but the pump it cam with was noisy and only lasted a year.

I just bought the same aerator that David posted a link to. It will be here tomorrow. I am thinking it will be the ticket for me. Later in the year like this I like to bring my small skid house as its my most portable shelter. I am wiring it up to use cigarette plug ins to run the phone, aerator, or anything else. Its already wired for lights and fans for a deep cell 12V. You can also get cigarette female ends with clips on them to clip right to a battery. That way in a portable you can run lights, aerator, or anything else off one battery.