• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

February Jiggin'

Fishing has picked up slightly on Devils. A buddy and I fished Thursday evening to Sunday morning (2/5-2/8). Weather was consistently overcast and cold, Friday's wind made hole hopping less attractive. Walleye fishing has been best around 15' on hard bottom areas with a few perch in the mix. Perch generally have been best around 25' give or take a few feet with mud to scattered rock being key areas.

Walleyes preferred subtle jigging on darters and rattle spoons. A few fish came from set lines such as a dead stick and tip-up. Perch wanted smaller rattle spoons and rattle-less spoons. Sometimes our most effective way to catch perch was to leave your bait on the bottom and wait for a perch to pick it off.

I've been hearing more reports of perch being caught in mid-depth basins (20-30'), the sun has been a major impact on that bite. If we could get sunny and stable weather for a few days, perch fishing should improve.

Pike have been annoying aggressive. I donated my most productive buckshot spoon to one Saturday. Multiple pike were marked and seen on camera. One evening we had one stalk us for over an hour.... You can figure out how walleyes and perch reacted once they realized they were being watched. With that said, high water column jigging (5' under the ice) has been very productive along with tip-ups.

Here are a few shots from the weekend.

IMG_3569_zpsrc7ybq4o.jpg

IMG_3566_zpsf26tavd5.jpgIMG_3576_zpsmrvj6yid.jpg