• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Better Call Saul

Bryce

Last night's show was great! If you couldn't get into this series after that one it isn't a show for you then.

Those writers, etc are showing their creativity and attention to detail that have me hooked again.

I have to wonder what it is that causes "Jimmy" to change his name to Saul. At first I was thinking it was some protection-type event like Breaking Bad, but now I am thinking its just the ongoing dispute with that Attorney firm.

I am going to watch last night's episode again because it was just that good.

Last night's show was great! If you couldn't get into this series after that one it isn't a show for you then.

Those writers, etc are showing their creativity and attention to detail that have me hooked again.

I have to wonder what it is that causes "Jimmy" to change his name to Saul. At first I was thinking it was some protection-type event like Breaking Bad, but now I am thinking its just the ongoing dispute with that Attorney firm.

I am going to watch last night's episode again because it was just that good.

I have to agree on all accounts. I think the show was getting better and better and then last week was a bit of a clunker for me. That said, this week's tied into last week's quite well and I was absolutely blown away by how engaging it was. Easily the best episode of the series. "This Juan Valdez bump and dump isn't going to happen," lol! So many great lines, a good mix of humor, but phenomenal acting by Jonathan Banks carried this episode perfectly. I agree, if this didn't hook you, hang it up!

As for the Jimmy/Saul thing, when he did the watch scam with that guy he referred to himself as "Saul Goodman" as a play on words. As in "It's all good man." That's the genesis of the name, I'd think, but when he adopts it and why, I don't know...

I agree this was a brilliantly written, character-driven episode... It has a ways to go to usurp BB, but in some ways I find this show even more engaging. It's must see TV for me, and if there is a better actor than Bob Odenkirk working on TV right now, I don't know who it is.

It's turned into a very good show. The writing is great. They do a great job with the back stories of the characters and letting us know where they all come from. Like Breaking Bad it keeps me wanting more at the end of the show.

Talk about brotherly love, eh? Ouch. Saul/Jimmy gets hosed at every turn it seems. Another well-written/well acted episode but I'm left to wonder how they are going to drum up a cliffhanger for the season finale next week? I'm trying to remember what loose ends might come crashing down or if Ehrmantraut and Jimmy cross paths again next week and it has to do with Nacho appearing again in this epsidoe? I'm sure they'll do something memorable...they continue to do so in recent weeks, at least.

Sometimes during this show I marvel at how deep the conversations get... Mike's "difference between a bad guy and a criminal" spiel was really thought-provoking. I don't know where this show is ultimately going, but I'm still enjoying the ride and hoping for a strong finale.

I got caught up last night. IMO this is the best show in TV right now. Kinda of sad that the season is ending already next week. I always felt bad about Mike dying in BB but seeing his character develop makes it that much worse.

I just watched it last night. Was the best show of the season so far. Not sure how his brother will get along without him but thought it was great for him to walk away from him. I had a feeling he was the one holding him down. Mike's development is great to see as well. This is one of the best shows on TV right now.

I watched one episode of BB, the final episode of course, so I have nothing to base anything on except that I love the character development so far. It seems to me that Jimmy will be changing his name in the next episode to Saul Goodman, distancing himself completely from Chuck. I also think there is foreshadowing of Jimmy working with HH&M in the future, because of the $$ for slippin Jimmy......

We actually just watched the first season of this show on Netflix finally. We loved it! We binge watched it and it only took us a little over a week to watch the entire season. We actually just finished watching Breaking Bad this winter and this was the next show we started. Season 2 should be out on Netflix within the next month or so I should think?

Its a great series! Its even better if you liked Breaking Bad because you get to see the characters before that even happened. Pretty cool!

I am eagerly awaiting the next season to start.

Not sure about when they release on Netflix. It would seem to make sense that it correlate to the release of Season 3, but not sure.