• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

LX7 battery life

fishinnut_3446

I started having issues with mine not charging all the way, replaced battery...same problem. Had a buddy tell me to order the new charger off the marcum site that comes with a new wiring harness as well, did that, replaced wiring harness and that fixed my issue. Fished 7 hrs yesterday and it had only dropped to 12.2 at end of the day.

I'm using a buddies older lx3 while i try and pt my vex back together ..anyway the first thing i noticed was wow this unit chews up batteries! If i remember correctly, there's a1000 watt difference between vex and Marcum?

What does this redundant post have to due with fishinnet's LX 7 issue?? Absolutely nothing....or do you not know the diff between an LX3 and an LX7? I have had the LX 3 and LX5 in the past and fish with guys who have Vexs and I got just as much battery time as they did with both the LX3 & LX5. Fishinnut has an issue with the LX 7 battery life and changing the wiring harness may solve the issue..if not I'd send it in and Marcum will take good care of him...love my LX-7!

How long you guys getting out of the LX7?

Last yr. was great this yr. different story, won't last a day, the other day bought new battery and same thing?

Full charge 14+v then 12v down to 9v then done shuts off at 8 hr. maybe.

I'm guessing your wife or girlfriend is sabotaging your set up. 8 hours of ice fishing is too much, she thinks.

How old is the battery? Did you take care of it in the off season? Are you storing it some where cold? If the battery like was good last year and isn't this year it's the battery. My battery (9 amp hour) is on year 2 and last at least 11 hrs. I typically replace batteries every other year.

How old is the battery? Did you take care of it in the off season? Are you storing it some where cold? If the battery like was good last year and isn't this year it's the battery. My battery (9 amp hour) is on year 2 and last at least 11 hrs. I typically replace batteries every other year.

Unit was new last yr.charged after each use in house and stored in basement recharged every so often.

updating would have anything to do with it?

when charged light will turn green and have 14.4v .

I'll try and call Marcum and see what they say.

Unit was new last yr.charged after each use in house and stored in basement recharged every so often.

updating would have anything to do with it?

when charged light will turn green and have 14.4v .

I'll try and call Marcum and see what they say.

Report back as to what they say the problem is or might be...thanks fishinnut.

I certainly have used mine many times longer than 8 hrs, normally I put it up off the ice on a bucket to keep it warmer but yesterday I did not but it was warm outside to begin with and toasty in my porty, fished 7 hrs and only dropped from 14 to 12.2, I use 2 screens at a time, the zoom screen for suspended crappies and dial flasher screen...I did buy an expensive battery this last time before replacing the wiring harness. Good Luck...hopefully you get at least 8hrs out of it!

Battery life depends on 2 things. How good the battery has been maintained. And how high you run the backlight. I run the light at around 70% outside 15% in the shack. I have switched to lithium and fished a tourney this past weekend both days and didn't even bring a charger along.

I certainly have used mine many times longer than 8 hrs, normally I put it up off the ice on a bucket to keep it warmer but yesterday I did not but it was warm outside to begin with and toasty in my porty, fished 7 hrs and only dropped from 14 to 12.2, I use 2 screens at a time, the zoom screen for suspended crappies and dial flasher screen...I did buy an expensive battery this last time before replacing the wiring harness. Good Luck...hopefully you get at least 8hrs out of it!

Hey, BBF... Where did you get the wiring harness or the parts to replace what it came with? My clips that attach to the battery and charger got bent so that now they want to slide off the battery posts. Marcum said I could always buy a new charger, but they're $20 plus freight.

Hey, BBF... Where did you get the wiring harness or the parts to replace what it came with? My clips that attach to the battery and charger got bent so that now they want to slide off the battery posts. Marcum said I could always buy a new charger, but they're $20 plus freight.

From Marcum, I pd the $20, includes charger and wiring harness...figured having the extra charger around was not a bad idea.

I would double check to make sure the battery is a 9amp hr battery and not an 8 or 7. I would also check to make sure that the charger is fully charging it, mine quit just last week. Showed yellow for a while then green. Found out the charger wasn't putting a charge to it. Maybe the battery is just going bad. Hope you figure it out and get more life from it.

I started having issues with mine not charging all the way, replaced battery...same problem. Had a buddy tell me to order the new charger off the marcum site that comes with a new wiring harness as well, did that, replaced wiring harness and that fixed my issue.

bbfenatic....did Marcum fix the issue with the charger of the light never turning from red to green when the battery is full? The clips on my current charger are so mangled from tightening them with a pliers...they barely look like clips anymore :-)

My LX7 typically gets 12 hours fishing with the unit on the ice and 14 hours in sleeper shack.

Not sure, I did not have that problem and mine turns green when battery is fully charged.

For $20 I'd order that new charger that comes with the new wiring harness just to be safe, you may have damaged the wiring near the clips if having to use pliers all the time.

I also get 10-12 hours of use depending on the temp and if I put it up off the ice or not.

I just got home from LOTW last night and have some battery life on my LX7 to share. I turned the backlight to 20 and the background to night setting. I got 2 days of fishing per battery....so were talking 24 plus hours. I've never ran the backlight that low in the past, but I wanted to compare it to my usual setting of 55. The difference is an extra 12 hours.

Totally agree on reducing the brightness and backlight settings to increase the battery life on an LX7. I got 20+ hours of battery life out of my 9ah battery and could have gotten more had I turned town the brightness and backlight settings sooner than I did.