• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pro View Ducer

alski

I upgraded my fl8 to the pro ducer this past xmas. Its extreamly powerful, i would look into buying an S-cable (suppression cable) that reduces the power between the machine and the ducer. Its about 10 or 12 bucks at fleet, and will make a world of a difference when you are in less than 18 ft of water, otherwise all your jigs are a solid 1/4 inch red blip even with the gain down and the smallest lure. It is an easy connect on the back of the machine. Other than that, the pro ducer has worked great, eliminated basically all interferece with other machines and gives a big of a better picture directly below my hole, rather than viewing larger area it has really narrowed the cone angle.

I have a new FL 28 and I'm not sold on the ProView ducer. With my FL 18 and a 12degree ducer I can see both baits in 15 feet of water when they are 4 feet apart, with the 28 & ProView I can't , even in 30 feet still can't see two lines 4 feet apart. I called Vexilar and I guess that's the way it is. I'm going to try my 12 degree ducer on the 28 and see how it works.

Is the s cable something that needs to be installed/ Uninstalled as you are changing water depths, there are many days that I run anywhere from about 10 ft to 40 ft back and forth all day long. I have an 8 and am thinking about getting the proview.

derbier,

The S-Cable is twisted and untwisted as I move, So yes as you change depths you have to uninstall and re-install the s-cable. Although it sounds like a lot of work, It really inst. You can have the S Cable on there, and probably be able to read at 40ft, just would need to turn the gain up.

Sea Hage,

This is how the 9 degree ducer is suppose to work, It narrows your cone angle and there fore you get a better picture of what is happening directly below your hole rather than a 15 ft radius of around your hole + picking up other lines. Not only does the cone angle decrease it also decreases interference becuase of the increased power of the ducer with a smaller angle to pick up interference. If seeing 2 baits is what you want 2 vexilars is what you need. or increase the width of the cone angle, and then deal with more interference with "duller" view of whats happening below.