• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Coyote #3

Called this pup in after 90 minutes during the December moon. I parked the truck and walked in and set up on the North side of a picked cornfield. I THOUGHT I was letting things settle down before I started calling but as soon as I started the caller one started barking at me from no more than 100 yards away. I'm sure it saw me park the truck. I called off and on for over an hour and could here it barking behind me occasionally then another group would sound off in front of me. I wanted to get up and leave but I knew that there was at least one still in that field behind me. I tried just about every sound I could think of to get them to commit and was about to cry mercy

when I look over to my right and three pop out into the field. Two stayed on my right and the bigger one, I assume the male, headed out in front. I got on one of the two to my right and dropped it. The other one ran back across the fence. I got on the bigger one and hit him and he started to spin, instead of shooting again, I sat there and watched it spin then take off. I know better than that but it happens to me about once a year.

I tracked that one for a mile but couldn't locate it that night. I went back the next day and tracked it another couple hundred yards but lost the track when he hit a swamp. Too many tracks.

Rob

imagejpg1_zpsd29e92fb.jpg