• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

North Star College Cup

Scum Frog

Made the trip down too the concrete jungle to cheer on the Beavers Wow did they make it a fun weekend of hockey. Other than the beavers wining the cup the best part for me was saturday night when the camera scanned the crown and the one souix jersey in the place drew a round of boos.

Congrats to the Beavers, I thought they played unbelievably well. Executed their game plan to a T and beat two very good teams.

Bulldogs for whatever reason came out pretty sleepy on Friday afternoon. Can't do that against a well prepared and coached squad. Saturday game against the Gophs was really weird in that they had all the pressure on Wilcox in the 2nd and couldn't score, then put I believe one shot on goal in the 3rd to win it. Dogs need to pick it up quick or they will start to slide.

Gophers seemed to play okay, but they still are badly underachieving with all of their scoring depth and talent. Going to be a tough up hill climb to make the NCAA's, but I have to believe they will have a good chance of winning the B10 tourney.

The whole tournament was fantastic. I am definitely going again next year. Seeing the gophs loose 2 was almost as great as seeing BSU get the wood cup. If the UM won, the tournament may have lost some credibility IMHO. I must also say attending a college game is way more exciting than the Wild. I've been to several college arenas and they all outperform the Wild as far as atmosphere and excitement.

BTW watch for the Beavers to make a run through the Final Five.